Like Tree61Likes

CitySuper misses vegan point

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

CitySuper misses vegan point

CitySuper sells the Beyond Meat cooked burger in their Fusion Deli, but they combine this VEGAN burger with cream potatoes made with COW’s milk. They also have lasagna made with Beyond Meat “mince” but they top it up with dairy cheese. I am glad they are trying, but apparently the concepts of vegan and vegetarian are still quite amiss in their books. Have left feedback about this, curious to see what happens...

Did they claim it was vegan?

Kowloon Goon likes this.

No, but to vegans this would be the equivalent of the same outrage that we expressed for "tea with cheese topping". Just a random thought.

https://geoexpat.com/forum/82/thread...ml#post3549518

Kowloon Goon likes this.

Haha true Shri but tea with cheese topping sounds disgusting to anyone.

Lasagne with soya mince and cheese sauce sounds pretty tasty! Unless they advertised it as vegan I don't see the problem.

Vague-an?

TheBrit, Kowloon Goon and agakc like this.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Haha true Shri but tea with cheese topping sounds disgusting to anyone.

Lasagne with soya mince and cheese sauce sounds pretty tasty! Unless they advertised it as vegan I don't see the problem.
    tea with cheese was actually better than i expected. a bit like having melted cheese with honey mmmmmm!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellenna:
    CitySuper sells the Beyond Meat cooked burger in their Fusion Deli, but they combine this VEGAN burger with cream potatoes made with COW’s milk. They also have lasagna made with Beyond Meat “mince” but they top it up with dairy cheese. I am glad they are trying, but apparently the concepts of vegan and vegetarian are still quite amiss in their books. Have left feedback about this, curious to see what happens...
    Green Common, dude... They have vegan-friendly cooked meals with Beyond Meat (which is gross, btw).
    shri and agakc like this.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Did they claim it was vegan?
    This. If you're going to go vegan, then never assume... Continue walking if there is no label with the ingredients.

Vegan is a sub-set of vegetarian. Cheese is vegetarian. Just because a burger is vegan, doesn't mean the whole meal needs to be. A carrot is vegan, doesn't mean I cannot enjoy it with steak. The more relevant point is what was being advertised. If a vegan meal, this is a problem. If a vegetarian meal, its fine. If nothing at all, also perfectly fine and could have added a nice steak and still been fine.

mrgoodkat, jgl and z754103 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellenna:
    CitySuper sells the Beyond Meat cooked burger in their Fusion Deli, but they combine this VEGAN burger...
    Where did you get the idea that it was a VEGAN burger?
    Beast Burger 2.0 | Beast Burgers 2.0 | Beyond Meat - The Future of Protein™
    The company doesnt advertise this, doesnt claim it and doesnt even mention it on their page. You cant find that v-word anywhere on their page.

Its a meatless burger that you can consume with whatever you feel like. I prefer a bit of bacon and cheese on mine.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast