Like Tree17Likes

Joshua Wong, Alex Chow and Nathan Law - Prison Sentences Thrown Out

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    It's time to restart that process.
    That makes little sense unless the purpose is not just to enact the needed requirements of article 23.

Original Post Deleted
    I think you are seriously under-calling the number

Let's see

777 on the CE selection committee
    10 or so in the Executive Branch
    20 or so active pro-authoritarian law makers
    1 Police Commissioner
    10 members of CCP rubber stamp bodies
    1000 hangers on

That would make it about 0.02% of the population...

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    I see lots of real-life uses for democratic poll-based decision-making,
    So I'm just guessing here; the politburo with its occasional temporary 'democratic' internal power struggles.

but that's not a possibility at this stage.
    Right, right.

Hong Kong people are too stupid to have a say (especially the well-educated young and middle-aged who predominantly support democracy), except for the newly imported mainland migrants and the greased-and-wheeled-in-elderlies who are told to put their mark next to the regime party's logo.

Perhaps one real-life no-harm-to-the-society use of poll-based decision-making could be a Geoexpat poll asking whether the forum user "civil_servant's" nom-de-guerre should be changed to "party_servant" on the evidence that he/she/it invariably acts in favour of the party dictatorship and against the civil society of Hong Kong.

Whatever the result of the poll, it would not entail a jail sentence, stripping the subject of political rights or politically motivated and engineered bankruptcy despite the subject's vehement support for such authoritarian acts of control.
    Last edited by Mefisto; 07-02-2018 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mefisto:
    So I'm just guessing here; the politburo with its occasional temporary 'democratic' internal power struggles.

Right, right.

Hong Kong people are too stupid have a say (especially the well-educated young and middle-aged who predominantly support democracy), except for the newly imported mainland migrants and the greased-and-wheeled-in-elderlies who are told to put their mark next to the regime party's logo.

Perhaps one real-life no-harm-to-the-society use of poll-based decision-making could be a Geoexpat poll asking whether the forum user "civil_servant's" nom-de-guerre should be changed to "party_servant" on the evidence that he/she/it invariably acts in favour of the party dictatorship and against the civil society of Hong Kong.

Whatever the result of the poll, it would not entail a jail sentence, stripping the subject of political rights or politically motivated and engineered bankruptcy despite the subject's vehement support for such authoritarian acts of control.
    Yikes Hosikes

Yikes Hosikes
    I don't think even I could manage such a passive aggressive post..."yikes" indeed!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4