Like Tree57Likes

Judge quashes foreign domestic worker’s bid for change to ‘live-out’ rule in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Judge quashes foreign domestic worker’s bid for change to ‘live-out’ rule in Hong Kong

Judge quashes foreign domestic worker’s bid for change to ‘live-out’ rule in Hong Kong | South China Morning Post

That sucks

"I don't like your laws so instead of working anywhere else I'll sue." Hmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by AJZ:
    "I don't like your laws so instead of working anywhere else I'll sue." Hmmm.....
    More like I don't like being treated slightly better than a slave and having to work at all hours without being able to complain as I will be deported. Being an adult, perhaps they are entitled to come and go as they please after and before their work hours like anyone else in HK instead of being treated like children with curfews. Too many HK people seem to think that it's a favor they are doing for letting them be abused and taken advantages of because they are paid a bit better than they would in their own country. When it doesn't work out, they turn to other poorer countries that will be even more afraid to complain. Yep, something to really be proud of in HK. Certainly wouldn't want to pay them minimum wage when they can better be exploited under this system.

Quote Originally Posted by AJZ:
    Wanting to change laws id perfectly normal especially if they are dubious of unjust. The threshold to prove you have facilities to allow a worker to sleep in your property and afford them a level of dignity is appallingly low.
    jrkob, kimwy66, TheBrit and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Wanting to change laws id perfectly normal especially if they are dubious of unjust. The threshold to prove you have facilities to allow a worker to sleep in your property and afford them a level of dignity is appallingly low.
    That is one of the big problems together with a failure to actually enforce the current threshold.
    irisboards likes this.

I thought the current threshold was something like an income of 15K? I don't believe there's any threshold regarding size of living quarters as they can 'share a room' with a child.

And there you have it, from the law itself, If you don't like it, you know where the airport is. Should be Hong Kong's official motto.

chuckster007 and Pidaras like this.

I thought Hong Kong's official motto is "You can always put more concrete on that"

Elegiaque, Stu79 and irisboards like this.

Harry nails it.

Name:  Harry.jpg
Views: 822
Size:  148.2 KB

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast