Like Tree70Likes

Another KMB driver...

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Whenever I take the MTR, someone gets up and offers my children a seat. No complaints there.

Many times. Never a problem. Get on, beep card, give the bus driver a good morning nod, find a seat.

~500km/week. No problem. Courteous drivers everywhere. Hongkongers are excellent at merging using the zipper technique. Sometimes I roll my eyes at taxi drivers, but I think it's the same in most big cities.

That's right. I don't queue. It's boring. I come from a society that doesn't queue. My best memories of my childhood are fighting to get on a bus. I don't have a single good memory from queueing anywhere. One time I fought 20 mainlanders in Tsing Yi getting on a minibus while holding a baby on my arm. I shouted "Baby, baby", and when they looked back, I squeezed in between them. My wife and I got the last two seats. Pure entertainment I tell you.

Yes, and as soon as I get in, I press the close door button. Lol.

All the time. When someone holds my door open, I say thank you.

Yes, Hong Kong is great for shopping. Never once did I experience attitude in my 12 years here. And I'm the guy who asks 20 questions, stares at everything, then leaves the shop without buying anything.
    Only one word come to mind (sorry about that): Liar.
    but anyway let's forget it and move on.
    shri and Sebastien-F like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Only one word come to mind (sorry about that): Liar.
    but anyway let's forget it and move on.
    To be honest, I find the French really rude. And here I'm wondering why?
    rickyross likes this.

To be honest, I find the French really rude. And here I'm wondering why?
    But we all know on average the French are a bit rude
    That's the difference between being aware of a society shortcoming (France) and being blind like you are.
    jgl and shri like this.

Let's be generous and call it living in his personal reality distortion field.

Courteous drivers, that one cracked me up

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Courteous drivers.
    Absolutely. Sure they're often rushing as they do with everything, but rarely do I see them being aggressive about not letting you in their lane. Also very little honking here.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Let's be generous and call it living in his personal reality distortion field.

Courteous drivers, that one cracked me up
    I have always wondered if the lights were optional when you buy a car in HK. I drive...and every time at least 2 out of 3 driver can't seem to use the switch line indicator...neither do they know how to enter and exit a roundabout :-)
    UK/HKboy and HK_Katherine like this.

Absolutely. Sure they're often rushing as they do with everything, but rarely do I see them being aggressive about not letting you in their lane. Also very little honking here.
    Lets just say in the US and Europe (northern Europe to be clear) you could cross the street almost with your eyes closed. in HK you would die. That's how courteous they are.
    Skyhook and HK_Katherine like this.

But we all know on average the French are a bit rude
    That's the difference between being aware of a society shortcoming (France) and being blind like you are.
    Nonsense, I also speak out about rudeness in society, such as booing the anthem or the attitude being directed at mainlanders, but as I said, in my personal life, I encounter very little rudeness.

Lets just say in the US and Europe (northern Europe to be clear) you could cross the street almost with your eyes closed. in HK you would die. That's how courteous they are.
    That's when I start accelerating or give a quick honk. A courteous reminder that I'm dangerous. No one should cross the road with their eyes closed. No matter whether it's the US or Europe.

That's when I start accelerating or give a quick honk. A courteous reminder that I'm dangerous. No one should cross the road with their eyes closed. No matter whether it's the US or Europe.