Like Tree70Likes

Another KMB driver...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Angry Another KMB driver...

KMB driver in smashup spotlight - The Standard

Certainly disappointing, to say the least.

However, I can tell people are going to use this event to make blanket statements about Hong Kong already.

In any case, at least nobody died or was seriously injured, we've all seen how bad bus accidents can be.

rs4 likes this.

I think we should also look at the other side of the coin by asking: how do bus passengers in HK behave? Does their behaviour have anything to do with how bus drivers behave, recklessly or otherwise? You can get to know a lot of the interaction between a driver and passengers here if you 1. pay attention and 2. you speak Cantonese. The average bus driver in HK is at the receiving end of things dished out by passengers. These are not nice. We are all human and we can be influenced by emotion when driving. This man said something which is quite sobering, I think.

shri, Mat and Fiona in HKG like this.

He reportedly also failed to stop or notify police after smashing into a road railing - instead driving on for 2.3 kilometers to a bus terminus, where he was forced to stop after ramming into a pillar.
    Isn't this just standard operating procedure?

The only reason it made the newspaper's this time is because of the CNY crash. Any other week and it wouldn't be news.
    mrgoodkat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmark:
    Isn't this just standard operating procedure?

The only reason it made the newspaper's this time is because of the CNY crash. Any other week and it wouldn't be news.
    I thought you are supposed to stop at the location of the accident. In case of evidence.

Otherwise, it would be a hit and run case if you leave the scene. Unless there is a specific reason you should not stop as it would be dangerous (e.g. on a slope, bad weather, landslide, victims trapped etc.).

Angry city -> angry people.

You are average bus passenger is a middle to low class Hong Konger who slaves days in days out for a pittance. Small shoe box flat, mediocre job, not much social fun etc etc. They are angry people who would have a go at anything (or they fall asleep or they listen to their phone loudly) - the bus driver included. Bus drivers are usually low class worker with not much of an education and pretty low EQ.

What do you expect.

The day this city become a bit more human, things will get better. Until then...

Bus accidents are well, just that. Roads are steep, buses are heavy, drivers are underpaid, etc., things happen, as much as I hate to admit it.

But at the very least, these are just accidents, and not malicious terrorist attacks like the ones we've seen in some cities in the West. Maybe if cities like London or Paris were more human in their treatment towards minorities, maybe we'd see less of those horrific accidents.

Maybe the answer to HK bus accidents and vehicular terrorist attacks are self-driving vehicles, as those can never fall asleep or be radicalized. Until Skynet materializes itself of course, but I'm sure that'll remain strictly fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    Bus accidents are well, just that. Roads are steep, buses are heavy, drivers are underpaid, etc., things happen, as much as I hate to admit it.

But at the very least, these are just accidents, and not malicious terrorist attacks like the ones we've seen in some cities in the West. Maybe if cities like London or Paris were more human in their treatment towards minorities, maybe we'd see less of those horrific accidents.

Maybe the answer to HK bus accidents and vehicular terrorist attacks are self-driving vehicles, as those can never fall asleep or be radicalized. Until Skynet materializes itself of course, but I'm sure that'll remain strictly fiction.
    Are you seriously F***cking kidding me?

London and Paris are way more accepting of Minorities than HK.

London and Paris are targeted by terrorist because France and the UK bombed ISIS controlled countries.

The terrorists attacks in Paris have nothing to do with minorities but everything to do with political stance made by politicians - something that would never happen in HK since well...

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    hey are angry people who would have a go at anything (or they fall asleep or they listen to their phone loudly) - the bus driver included. Bus drivers are usually low class worker with not much of an education and pretty low EQ.
    In my opinion this is a cultural problem. Many, many, many times in Hong Kong I have seen people being very angry and aggressive, rude for little or no reason and the behaviour is tolerated...believe me, I'm not condoning it, but a lot of this behaviour would result in a good hiding in Britain/USA/Australia.

When I was younger I worked in hospitality, for example, and I pretty quickly learned that smiling and being friendly with the customers was win-win...your shift would go quicker and you'd have fun and the punters were happier...the problem here, maybe the customers would still behave like cunds...I'm sure it wears you down after a while.

God...thinking about some of the behaviour I see here on a daily basis...someone would knock you out of your damn boots in Australia. I remember in Adelaide when they made a rule that buses could pull out without looking...I saw on more than one occasion when bus drivers took the piss get pulled off buses and given a kicking on the side of the street....on the other hand, I've seen and have also stepped in to help bus drivers who are being abused, normally by drunk bogans or original Australians.

I suppose we should be thankful that it's usually all bark and no bite here, Hong kong would be like the wild west otherwise.
    keieich likes this.

I'd take rudeness over random shootings or a physically violent, low EQ populace any day of the week. In Hong Kong, people yell at you or bump into you when they don't like you. Sucks, can be frustrating, but in other places they either shoot you and apparently beat you up when you're doing your job too. Hong Kong has an amazingly low crime rate, but it's far from perfect and you have to deal with rudeness instead.

SpeakCantonese and Jaz Paul like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast