Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Like Tree71Likes

Poor White People....

Quote Originally Posted by nivantj
    Dont forget to carry empty boxes for some take away , not sure if they still give it considering recent influx of visitors.. Haven't had Gurdwara's yummy Daal and Roti in ages..
    They've always had people looking for freebies - lots of backpackers. The Daal Roti gives me serious heartburn - down to once a year or two these days. Yes, we've taken a couple of containers and brought the food home for dinner.
    imparanoic likes this.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

I actually love roti and daal and often go to a vegetarian Indian place not too far from me. They do ask for my credit card every time, unfortunately

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by freeier
    was at admiraty last night around 10pm and saw a caucasian young couple, one holding onto a luggage and the man holding a board that writes "we lost our money". Not sure if its a scam or real. anyone got the story ?
    I also saw a couple of young caucasian individuals with suitcases/ backpacks sitting on the side of a street in Wanchai around lunch time yesterday. They had a cardboard sign asking for money (said they're travelling - couldn't stop to read the rest as it's a narrow sidewalk full of people).

They looked far too similar to all those people who are permanently begging on the streets back in Australia (some have been begging at the same spots for over a decade).

There are also reports back in Oz about young backpackers who intentionally beg their way through their overseas trip - even when they're visiting poorer countries. Many share the sediment that this is irresponsible/ unethical and should be discouraged.
    imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by orel100x
    I actually love roti and daal and often go to a vegetarian Indian place not too far from me. They do ask for my credit card every time, unfortunately

DISCOUNTED Indian food? Groupon has recently had discounted offer from Tulsi restaurant - one in 7 sisters rd in North Point/Quarry Bay *&* at the top of Western St in SYP. in a Michelin "Recommended" nosh-up!

WE, my SWMBO, our daughter & her daughter, and husband as well as our two maids noshed there a week or so ago - and left replete.

Co$t? it was under $200 for a ~$500 meal for 2 as I recall.

I'd expect that Shri & his SWMBO would enjoy the meal, we certainly have on the several times we have deposited our Groupon coupons there. [NO local parking!!]

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345