Like Tree71Likes

Poor White People....

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Original Post Deleted
    Sometimes I "joke" about how if we have a period between places or what not, we should just camp. Considering what rent costs in HK...
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

Got loads of these eastern European 'fund my travel' begpackers visiting the sikh temple in wan chai for free food and even short-term accommodation. BtW, the temple is open to all , if anyone wants free, yet quality vegetarian food.

For the Caucasian permanent residents, I'm yet to come across one living hand to mouth. I mean, why would they, as this is hk and the Chinese in general are subservient to them.
    Read somewhere ages ago- it isn't a sin to be born poor, but it is one to die poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaz Paul:
    it isn't a sin to be born poor, but it is one to die poor.
    Whoever wrote that is a dick.
    chingleutsch and Fiona in HKG like this.

Free food? I'm in Will check it out this weekend!

Original Post Deleted
    They've always had people looking for freebies - lots of backpackers. The Daal Roti gives me serious heartburn - down to once a year or two these days. Yes, we've taken a couple of containers and brought the food home for dinner.
    imparanoic likes this.

I actually love roti and daal and often go to a vegetarian Indian place not too far from me. They do ask for my credit card every time, unfortunately

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    was at admiraty last night around 10pm and saw a caucasian young couple, one holding onto a luggage and the man holding a board that writes "we lost our money". Not sure if its a scam or real. anyone got the story ?
    I also saw a couple of young caucasian individuals with suitcases/ backpacks sitting on the side of a street in Wanchai around lunch time yesterday. They had a cardboard sign asking for money (said they're travelling - couldn't stop to read the rest as it's a narrow sidewalk full of people).

They looked far too similar to all those people who are permanently begging on the streets back in Australia (some have been begging at the same spots for over a decade).

There are also reports back in Oz about young backpackers who intentionally beg their way through their overseas trip - even when they're visiting poorer countries. Many share the sediment that this is irresponsible/ unethical and should be discouraged.
    imparanoic likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4