Like Tree63Likes

Uber's Big American Ego...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Uber's Big American Ego...

“Uber has a big Americanism ego – I am the boss, and I am the rule setter who can set the rules of the game I play. Because of this mindset, Uber has clashed with the legal and cultural systems of many places in the world,” Chan told about 100 stakeholders in a private speech, a recording of which was obtained by the Post.

Chan made the remarks as Uber continued its uphill battle to make headway in a city where ride-sharing is illegal. Disgruntled taxi drivers have stepped up their war against the US firm for depriving them of business, with go-slow protests and threats of taking more drastic action to “defend” their rights.

Uber’s outsized American ego a problem says Hong Kong transport minister as US Consulate gets involved | South China Morning Post
    MandM! likes this.

As opposed to the "big thug ego" of the taxi industry?

I found it quite egoistical for a country of 7.3 M to ask a multi-billion dollar company with over 400 M DAU to change its fundamental business model to fit an antiquated and unscrupulous transportation scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by tf19:
    I found it quite egoistical for a country of 7.3 M to ask a multi-billion dollar company with over 400 M DAU to change its fundamental business model to fit an antiquated and unscrupulous transportation scheme.
    Technically ... "with over 400M DAU, to legalize its fundamental business model..."

Minor details ..
    Last edited by shri; 23-04-2018 at 02:53 PM.
    mrgoodkat likes this.

Frankly it is a stupid issue Taxi vs Uber.If taxi wants to win it's very simple:- be flexible- be polite- clean your fucking car (I don't get why they are OK to seat the whole day in a dump)- drive responsiblyThose take NOTHING but some goodwill.

Shared economy is coming, like it or not.

biffski and Kowloon Goon like this.

Absolutely shared concept is not coming to hk. The American concept of make a business concept and control the law is a bit BS. US will never make it with China. China is smart in it just rephrases agreements to get more cash inflow from the US. And Americans will never learn.

The problem is not so much with the concept but Uber's appalling and arrogant management.

Grab arrived where I live this year, eldest uses them a lot and they are excellent - but then we didn't have taxis before so their competition is trikes and jeepneys

Sounds like the same person who tried to quantify the value of likes of Facebook and the number of followers on god who knows what. Such a rubbish platform and it's lack of any true value will one day be noticed.

Americans get a concept and like to stick with it for 20+ years. Then people complain how HK lacks freedom and the right to vote. Wtf.

Awfully jingoistic headline. The truth is Uber is an asshole company that plays nasty with everyone. Their days are numbered.

East_coast, shri and markranson like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast