Like Tree56Likes

Canadian Teacher Banned From HK Kindergarten

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

No wonder plenty of blokes who would have made great teachers think better of it these days. What were the figures I saw in 2016? Something like 15% of primary and 38% of secondary teachers are men in the UK.

Hope the authorities reach a proper conclusion quickly in this case.

Being a teacher in a western country's public system is sometimes not very pleasant and you often don't get the cream of the crop going into teaching. It's often a fall back position.

East_coast and Jaz Paul like this.

Original Post Deleted
    I'm guessing that's why I can only think of one group of kindies that offers this as a service.

I'd be happy with recording but I don't need to log in and see the class. Just for safety reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by gataloca:
    My son get 1 to 1 piano classes (with female teacher) and 1 to 1 violin classes (with male teacher). Never thought I would be putting him on risk. Sometime you need to trust people and believe that they are normal....
    Your son is not likely at risk but his tutors could be. Students make shit up sometimes. Best to play safe,.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster:
    Your son is not likely at risk but his tutors could be. Students make shit up sometimes. Best to play safe,.
    That is something that really cannot be avoided. Kids can still make up stuffs from every situation and places.
    chuckster007 likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Probably not necessary for group classes (although I have encountered some all-girl senior primary and secondary classes who were quite bitchy enough to make up a collective tale about a teacher they didn't like), but I do know a number of music teachers doing 1:1 lessons who have already got this in place. Video is usually kept by an independent third party such as the teacher's GP or lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by gataloca:
    That is something that really cannot be avoided. Kids can still make up stuffs from every situation and places.
    Yes but the point is a sensible teacher recognizes this and avoids such situations as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster:
    Yes but the point is a sensible teacher recognizes this and avoids such situations as much as possible.
    Easy for school teachers, not so easy when you do tuition.
    gataloca, HK_Katherine and rs4 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Easy for school teachers, not so easy when you do tuition.
    I rarely do 1 - 1 tutorials these days but the one I do is recorded by both me and the kid's parents!

I wouldn't want to be filmed in class but I would probably accept it... I suppose you'd get used to it... I quite like the idea of recording that requires special circumstances to view...

Anyway, I used to use a Garmin VIRB but I've just purchased the XiaoMi action camera and it has the wide angle lens... very unintrusive and it's also pretty useful for reviewing your performance and training for other teachers later.

This event reminds me of my college time when a professor told us to always leave the door open when you (male) are with a female colleague in a room.