Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Coming soon to HK: Electric car sharing

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    Even then I don't see anyone using it.
    Not even Uber drivers who don't own a car?
    MABinPengChau and TheBrit like this.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Bike rent firm plans to start electric car sharing - RTHK
    ...after the great success bike rental got in HK that is the next logical step. LOL.
    JAherbert likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    this outfit is specifically offering timeshare, an Uber driver would have join a lot of syndicates to be able to work continuously

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    Even then I don't see anyone using it.
    I agree with thebrit, I guess all the families in the timeshare would want to use it on Sunday, if syndicate has four families, not worth once a month.

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    I realise I was thinking about this in a normal way, not a HK'er abuse the system at all costs way. You are quite right!!

I'm going to keep an open mind about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakCantonese
    I'm going to keep an open mind about it.
    I can not see it working without legislation requiring property developers to allocate a certain % of spaces to car sharing.

If every property development with more than 20 spaces were required to allocate 10% of spaces to car sharing I can see it working. There would always be a car (except peak times) available and would mean more people would have access to a car and less valuable land would be allocated to a place for 1 tonne of plastic and metal to sit idle.

What are the chances of HK Gov doing anything innovative, close to zero or more likely less than zero as they will make the concept illegal if it impinges on the profits of the chief executive selection committee members

Why should the government help put 500 more cars on the road when there are already too many. It makes no sense at all. In countries where car ownership is high and public transport expensive and not as extensive, it makes sense. It encourages people in urban areas not to buy their own cars and hopefully reduces car ownership. That's not likely to be the case in HK.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2