Like Tree156Likes

Preparing for a Typhoon - HK Style

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Just park it in a residential one (most residential one have hourly car park too).
    I've just checked with 2, no motorbikes allowed except in a monthly parking contract. Bizarre, if they pay the same price as a car, what's the problem?

Maritime square car park in tsing Yi has plenty of motorcycle car park and they are 1 level above the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz:
    My first typhoon in a village house, not sure if there is anything we should do other than tie everything down? Do people sandbag around the front door in case of flooding? If they do any ideas where to get sandbags lol?
    having lived in a village for 11 years in Clear Water bay and at the bottom of a valley, we never did anything except tie down stuff, fold the awing in. no one sandbags anything, if your in a village where there is only one way in and no other way out then I would stock up on food and drinks because if any big trees falls over and blocks the roads your going to be stuck for a while inside the village.

Fire services can take a while to come and cut the tree up as they will be busy getting calls everywhere for fallen trees.
    Kiz and JAherbert like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    I'd take that risk, given the number of underground carparks that have flooded = 1, over having the bike go flying or being hit in 200kph winds in a village
    Just don't try to rescue it when the underground carpark flooded....
    Elegiaque likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakCantonese:
    2 x mobile phones on 2 different carriers for mobile hotspots for livestreaming

Laptop with 2 x batteries

iPad for weather monitoring

Mini-weather station

First Aid Kit

binoculars

2 x torches (waterproof and Maglite)

multi tool
    hammer
    spade

spray jacket
    wellington boots
    helmet
    chest guard
    gloves

Portable car charger

Battery pack

4 x litres of drinking water

GoPro and waterprrof case

Canon 70d and waterproof pack
    Have the emergency services employed you to provide help or are you going to be someone they might need to rescue?
    SpeakCantonese and DrWho like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    no one sandbags anything.
    for your case, but, I lived in Pak Wai, Sai Kung before, the village track becomes stream during heavy rain, houses opening on the track took precautions. In Ho Chung at high tide, the river floods the section of the village road near the temple, only 4x4 can get through.
    chuckster007 and Kiz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    I've just checked with 2, no motorbikes allowed except in a monthly parking contract. Bizarre, if they pay the same price as a car, what's the problem?
    Where are you located?I know for example Lohas park should offer this (unless mistaken)
    kimwy66 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakCantonese:
    2 x mobile phones on 2 different carriers for mobile hotspots for livestreamingLaptop with 2 x batteriesiPad for weather monitoringMini-weather stationFirst Aid Kitbinoculars2 x torches (waterproof and Maglite)multi toolhammerspadespray jacketwellington bootshelmetchest guardglovesPortable car chargerBattery pack4 x litres of drinking waterGoPro and waterprrof caseCanon 70d and waterproof pack

https://www.canadiannaturephotograph...photo_geek.jpg
    SpeakCantonese likes this.

Taishan's first real test since they fired it up. I hope it won't blow its lid.

Better stock up on salt.

greenmark likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Taishan's first real test since they fired it up. I hope it won't blow its lid.

Better stock up on salt.
    And the cross border rail/bridge infrastructure. Better stock up on electric scooters while you're at it!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast