Like Tree34Likes

Top HK banker named as woman who died after Botox injections

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

You are assuming that all that this doctor did was inject some Botox. That is what is in doubt.

shri likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    It does sound like he is involved in cosmetic exploitation for profit, so I’d prefer to take his ‘wisdom’ as a biased opinion looking to protect said profit.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    It does sound like he is involved in cosmetic exploitation for profit
    He is a private doctor. What do you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by chobochobo:
    The other problem with this case is somehow the media drags up the least knowledgeable 'experts' to give their opinions. Such as that Pharmacist and Dr Tse. I guess these are the only ones willing to appear in the press
    true, although so-called "experts" would be a better term SCMP and RTHK always drag one guy for his useless (imho) views on the environmental issues.

Nope. I'm not a private doctor. No no.

What happened to my email alerts?

Yes, it's a toxin - indeed a very potent toxin. If you inject too much and or let it spread out, then it will cause unwanted paralysis of neighbouring muscles - it may be relatively 'trivial' such as a droopy eyelid or eyebrow, or more seriously affecting muscles involved in the swallowing or airway mechanisms. The vast majority of reported deaths after injection have followed very high doses, usually in children. In these cases, neurologists have been using the toxin 'off label' as it is not approved for children below 12.

Last month there was a cluster of 'botulism' cases reported after cosmetic injections in Shenzen, Guangzhou and HK. Apart from unknown business practices, there is 'knockoff' toxin that has one particular problem in that the dosage in each bottle is not consistent - it could be much less or much more than what it says in the bottle.

So yes, toxin is dangerous - did I really have to spell that out? I just don't think this tragedy is an example of a death due to injection of cosmetic doses of toxin. If it is, count me in the list of those against its use.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    It does sound like he is involved in cosmetic exploitation for profit, so I’d prefer to take his ‘wisdom’ as a biased opinion looking to protect said profit.
    No, I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by chobochobo:
    Yes, it's a toxin - indeed a very potent toxin. If you inject too much and or let it spread out, then it will cause unwanted paralysis of neighbouring muscles - it may be relatively 'trivial' such as a droopy eyelid or eyebrow, or more seriously affecting muscles involved in the swallowing or airway mechanisms. The vast majority of reported deaths after injection have followed very high doses, usually in children. In these cases, neurologists have been using the toxin 'off label' as it is not approved for children below 12.
    Dose makes the poison.

86 is the new 66.

allergen shares broke below 160 last night, could be due to market or maybe this case if highlighting the risk of botox..
    but again, between a low probability dead and some un-natural wrinkle free facials, i guess many woman would pick the latter..

that said, i would think once you start you can't stop it without it mutating your face ? is that right ? one shot every six months and each shot around hk$6k ?