Like Tree60Likes

HMV stores facing eviction over unpaid rent

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    I was there on friday, open as usaul, not sure now, can't be arsed to walk there from my office in wan chai

Didn't they just open a MK branch a few months ago?

I was at their Central and TST stores on Monday, it was weird seeing many of the displays taken down and parts of the store closed off. I thought something was up but did not realize the extent of it. Staff were as helpful and friendly as ever, they did not seem like they were preparing to close for good.

the TST shop was in a state of semi close down for several weeks before the rent issue was made public in the paper. I just figured it was a pre-Xmas clearout of stock at the time. I was there today though and that one has also been closed now.

I guess hot dogs and coffees weren't able to cover rental fees.

East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert:
    I didn't know Elgar launched HMV. Sort of appropriate that the store launched by the composer of Land of Hope and Glory is going into administration in the middle of the Brexit chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I didn't know Elgar launched HMV. Sort of appropriate that the store launched by the composer of Land of Hope and Glory is going into administration in the middle of the Brexit chaos.
    Get used to it... Wait till restaurants go the same way, thanks to today's 'youth' as they order UBER eats or just patron take away fast food joints.. The future for bricks and mortar biz, really is growing more and more synthetic and sterile, as it approaches its eventual repundance.

A shame really..
    Last edited by Skyhook; 29-12-2018 at 07:29 AM.
    East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Get used to it... Wait till restaurants go the same way, thanks to today's 'youth' as they order UBER eats or just patron take away fast food joints.. The future for bricks and mortar biz, really is growing more and more synthetic and sterile, as it approaches its eventual repundance.

A shame really..
    Sooner or later governments will change tax to make it fairer. The likes of Amazon pay low land rates on their super fulfillment centres probably along with other perks such as free access roads.

Drunken Master likes this.

I thought they already had a round or two of sales - my son bought something or the other from one of those sales a couple of weeks ago.

I suspect what is left is dead stock.

imparanoic likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast