Like Tree194Likes

Hong Kong coach crash, 5 dead

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    I haven't encountered it here, but some long distance coach bus rides from Shenzhen to other parts of the mainland, the driver would use the mic to ask all passengers to put on seat belts just before heading out and most do comply. Probably depends on the bus company and/or driver.

Now those minibuses here still with no seat belts...

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    The mystery is why the taxi was stopped there, there isn't room to pull over properly as it's a merging lane heading to the bridge. Tyre blowout?
    Looks like a 3 lane road with no extra lane.

Anyway, bus is at fault for not stopping. Driver probably day dreaming.

This has been on my mind all day, saw this horrible accident scene in my commute this morning. Haven't been able to get that image of seeing the crumpled taxi out of my head. Truly horrific. Disgraceful that this isn't rare in HK.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Looks like a 3 lane road with no extra lane.

Anyway, bus is at fault for not stopping. Driver probably day dreaming.
    I don't think there is an emergency lane in that section. If it's the right part that I'm thinking of, the speed limit is supposed to be quite slow, down to like 50km, but it's rarely obeyed.

Premature to talk about drivers' working hours: CE - RTHK
    The CEO of Cathay Pacific, Rupert Hogg, also paid a visit to the hospital. He clarified that two of the people who died in the crash were their staff.

...were Cathay staff working in catering, ramp services and passenger handling sectors.
    She said the government would wait for the police investigation before looking at tightening of the regulations about working hours of drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoTommy:
    This just gets worse and worse.

Kwoon Chung operates a LOT of school buses. Internal policy when a driver has an accident causing injury is just a few weeks off?
    MerMer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoTommy:
    Dash cam footage:
    That dude didn't even stop to give cover to the person on the street. Not of his fucking business was probably on his mind.....
    angeluscomplex likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    That dude didn't even stop to give cover to the person on the street. Not of his fucking business was probably on his mind.....
    Yeah I was really shocked by that. What if that person was still alive?!
    angeluscomplex likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast