Like Tree194Likes

Hong Kong coach crash, 5 dead

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

He just drove through the whole scene and then uploaded the video? What the fuck is wrong with people?

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    He just drove through the whole scene and then uploaded the video? What the fuck is wrong with people?
    Wouldn't be surprised if instead of uploading he just sold it to Apple Daily for a quick buck...
    MerMer, Fiona in HKG, shri and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoTommy:
    What a piece of shit. Can't believe I just saw that, wish I hadn't.
    angeluscomplex likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MerMer:
    This has been on my mind all day, saw this horrible accident scene in my commute this morning. Haven't been able to get that image of seeing the crumpled taxi out of my head. Truly horrific. Disgraceful that this isn't rare in HK.
    Hope you're all right. I know it's very upsetting to see things like this. Wish I had something to suggest to you.

Really cannot believe that dashcam footage. Do those familiar with the traffic laws here know what the laws are regarding witnesses or the first to arrive at the scene of accidents? I believe in the US you are required to stop and help.... actually, I believe this is a requirement for being a human being, but apparently not? I hope he might be prosecuted for not stopping immediately to offer assistance.

What bothers me with seat belts in Hong Kong is that so often they do not WORK! I've often wanted to write or campaign that there should be requirements not just to have them (especially in minibuses!!!), but that it should be a unlawful if they are not working... *sigh*

@Elegiaque Thank you, I'll be all right, but I'm glad I won't need to be driving for the next few days.
    On the way home from work just up from the accident site, police were using those radars to catch people speeding. So reactionary, probably won't see them on my commute till the next accident.
    About it being human decency to stop and help, I agree. But a lot of things that are basic human decency aren't common here.
    Isn't there a law on the mainland that means people who step in and help are liable to being sued or something?

angeluscomplex and Skyhook like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Basically, the government is committed to not doing their job, but may consider doing so, if "necessary".
    @MerMer the roads scare me here. Bus drivers, taxi drivers, lorry drivers... crisscrossing lanes with no signals... then again, deadly accidents happen everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    What bothers me with seat belts in Hong Kong is that so often they do not WORK!
    Seat belts seldom work, unless you use them. I would be surprised if the bus did not had seat belts. And if you use them you don't fly out of the car.

That poor person on the street most likely went though the front window on impact, and the bus ran over him/her.

BTW, as far as I know HK has no good Samaritan law.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Seat belts seldom work, unless you use them. I would be surprised if the bus did not had seat belts. And if you use them you don't fly out of the car.

That poor person on the street most likely went though the front window on impact, and the bus ran over him/her.

BTW, as far as I know HK has no good Samaritan law.
    From some of the witness reports, it sounds like the bus did have seat belts. And yes, very very sadly for that person, they didn't make a split second decision to wear a seat belt and it cost them their life.

Bit of a dumb question, but I guess when there is a "tent" on a road it is to cover up a deceased person while they investigate the scene?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamadol:
    Guys., why so much noise? it's just another accident. It happened every single day all over the world. As long no relative or friend involved, who cares???
    HK in a sentence.
    kimwy66, Elegiaque, shri and 14 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamadol:
    Guys., why so much noise? it's just another accident. It happened every single day all over the world. As long no relative or friend involved, who cares???
    Because with poor, or insufficient, regulation next time it may be your family or friend. If laws were enforced to mandate wearing seat belts or controlling the long hours bus drivers work it seems like there would have been fewer fatalities in this case.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast