View Poll Results: Should pets be allow on MTR trains?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 36.73%
  • No

31 63.27%
Like Tree82Likes

Should pets be allow on MTR trains?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    If this was UK, I would vote yes. This is hk so I vote no. HK people are not responsible enough to manage animals on a train.
    Would some members of the forum consider this to be a racist comment? After all you are comparing people in the UK to people in Hong Kong and saying the latter are not responsible enough.

Can't wait to see @Skyhook with his gamut of big dogs crossing lines at Admiralty at 6:00PM

Quote Originally Posted by Bernadette J W:
    Would some members of the forum consider this to be a racist comment?
    No.

After all you are comparing people in the UK to people in Hong Kong and saying the latter are not responsible enough.
    Have you never seen adults in Hong Kong act like immature children?

Also, there are some locals who are deathly afraid of animals (even pets), and then there are others who have an extreme hatred of dogs.
    HK_Katherine and Jerome HK like this.

Would some members of the forum consider this to be a racist comment? After all you are comparing people in the UK to people in Hong Kong and saying the latter are not responsible enough.
    I'd prefer to call it ignorance rooted in a sense of misguided superiority.
    Bernadette J W likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Can't wait to see @Skyhook with his gamut of big dogs crossing lines at Admiralty at 6:00PM

I have a single dog, an Alsatian that we raised from a puppy, tattooed with his kennel club registration number... He now lives here in Queensland VERY relaxed and happily, as do our two HK born, British short hair cats.

To be a bit blunt, it is illegal to take pets on trains here, assistance and police dogs the only exception, but that's it. No practical reason to do it, when we have so much available space, plus we drive our dog right up to the beach ( 20 minutes away ) in the back of our wagon. My dog is so much happy over here, he's just so relaxed, quite a big contrast compared to HK, having to occupy the same public space with ' other ' dog owners on the weekend and their undisciplined dogs. My dog is pretty bomb proof temperament wise, but HK is a very tiring geography, thanks to not having much personal space, in public areas, and Hong Kongers behave over the top in fear when they see a BIG dog, which emits a pheromone that puts the dog on edge, not to mention 'some' dimwitted dog owners who see their dog as a lifestyle accessory, dont discipline or have not much of a clue how to handle them properly.

there is absolutely no way I'd take my dog anywhere near a crowd like what you displayed in your post, when we lived there.. that's just asking for trouble...a public train carriage full of weekend warrior dog owners on a Hong Kong train, what could possibly go wrong!!!!

Just NO !!!
    East_coast and Fiona in HKG like this.

Are you going to stay obsessively hung up on this one topic every time you post on this forum?

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I believe there should be significant barriers to dog ownership in HK as most residences are too small for dogs- dog ownership should not be encouraged here.

Anyway, this whole thread is based on a ridiculously flawed 'survey'.

TheBrit and HK_Katherine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I pity your partner, do you keep dragging up arguments from the past?
    Your usual personal attacks do not work with me. Actually, I rarely come on this site but did stumble across the comment “If this was UK, I would vote yes. This is hk so I vote no. HK people are not responsible enough to manage animals on a train.” I noticed that East-coast did not say anything about "The opinion referenced race" (as he did to me). Yes. I have a very good memory.

I shall always stand up against what I consider to be even mild forms of hate speech. I am keeping this short as I agreed with your assessment of me as being verbose.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Are you going to stay obsessively hung up on this one topic every time you post on this forum?

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I believe there should be significant barriers to dog ownership in HK as most residences are too small for dogs- dog ownership should not be encouraged here.

Anyway, this whole thread is based on a ridiculously flawed 'survey'.
    I think my first reply was taken down. My answer to your question: Are you going to stay obsessively hung up on this one topic every time you post on this forum? is YES if I see certain comments. Anyway, I do not think it is good to take animals on the MTR to get back onto the topic.
    monomono likes this.

Y“If this was UK, I would vote yes. This is hk so I vote no. HK people are not responsible enough to manage animals on a train.” I noticed that East-coast did not say anything about "The opinion referenced race" (as he did to me). Yes. I have a very good memory.
    Surely Hong Kongers are shaped by their environment not skin tone?
    HK_Katherine likes this.