View Poll Results: Should pets be allow on MTR trains?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 38.46%
  • No

32 61.54%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Should pets be allow on MTR trains?

Dog ownership is low in HK but still if you want to own a dog you should treat public spaces and dogs with respect - pay for a taxi...

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    Dog ownership is low in HK but still if you want to own a dog you should treat public spaces and dogs with respect - pay for a taxi...
    If my arithmetic is correct, that's still just over 10% of households in HK.

(Average household in HK being 2.8 people)

Going back to the OP's question - I as a dog lover and a parent of two adopted puppies.... I think pets should be allowed on MTRs. As long as pet parents follow certain guidelines/rules I honestly don't think it will cause too much drama/chaos... HK government can also help play a part in educating the public about very basic pet parent etiquettes.I'm not a policy maker but a few examples can be things like:- if it is a certain breed (big dogs) or over a certain weight (20kg?) then it must be muzzled - it must be in a pet carrier etc - must clean if there is an accident, obviously... etc- maybe one carriage can be designated to pet parents, so people going in can expect there to be pets

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscorgi
    Going back to the OP's question - I as a dog lover and a parent of two adopted puppies.... I think pets should be allowed on MTRs. As long as pet parents follow certain guidelines/rules I honestly don't think it will cause too much drama/chaos... HK government can also help play a part in educating the public about very basic pet parent etiquettes.I'm not a policy maker but a few examples can be things like:- if it is a certain breed (big dogs) or over a certain weight (20kg?) then it must be muzzled - it must be in a pet carrier etc - must clean if there is an accident, obviously... etc- maybe one carriage can be designated to pet parents, so people going in can expect there to be pets
    sounds like a shed load of work for the government to oversee or should I say, police? . or they ( the govt) could just do nothing and save themselves all the public liability legal irritation.. HK might adopt Beijing style dog bans in the city...I reckon dogs will lose more privileges than they'll gain, in the HKSAR.

Put very simplistically, Hong Kong just has too many people, so how could your idea, actually work ?
    Last edited by Skyhook; 19-12-2018 at 12:52 PM.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Dogs and any other pets that smell/ make sounds, should not be allowed on public transport. They are a nuisance and their owners aren't really on the ball as they are always tired and can't be bothered. I envisage lots of shit and piss on the trains and buses if this is allowed. There are already other groups who have readily volunteered for these duties, so we are full.

@curiouscorgi for future reference, any point you want to make about dogs will be completely undermined if you use the phrase "pet parent."

hullexile, Edwardstorm and kimwy66 like this.

Just visualize such a scenario.
    You taking an off-peak train from CWB to Central.
    At admirity your dog decided to make a poo...

its not longer an outdoor grass patch where you can just use a plastic bag to scope up most of the stuffs and leave some residue behind.. any little trace left is going to cause the whole train cart to smell like dog poo... where are you going to get suitable cleaning equipment and water/detergent to clean the residue ? and obviously, the owner, having reach Central, would happily just leave the train and hope someone else from MTR will clear up the problem.

just don't think it is practical...

HK_Katherine and Skyhook like this.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscorgi
    NO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by freeier

its not longer an outdoor grass patch where you can just use a plastic bag to scope up most of the stuffs and leave some residue behind.. any little trace left is going to cause the whole train cart to smell like dog poo... where are you going to get suitable cleaning equipment and water/detergent to clean the residue ? and obviously, the owner, having reach Central, would happily just leave the train and hope someone else from MTR will clear up the problem.
    Of all the reasons to object to dogs on the MTR, I don't think that's one of them. Dogs are pretty easy to manage in this respect.
    TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by freeier

just don't think it is practical...
    I guess you've never owned a dog.
    kimwy66 and curiouscorgi like this.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast