Like Tree18Likes

2019 - Large Mark Six Jackpots

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2019 - Large Mark Six Jackpots

The first snowball will be tomorrow (3rd Jan, 2019).

$80M

Forgotten what the rules are - correct me if I'm wrong.

If no one wins tomorrow, then the jackpot for the weekend draw should be last week's leftover + snowball which comes in at around 110M?

I'm in it for $10.

$100M Snowball on Saturday.

emx and chuckster007 like this.

I didnt really need 100 million....
    Can anyone explain why the amounts are so huge. It would be better, surely for more people to have a nice win, rather than one winning a massive amount?

in practice it ends up becoming what you describe, so many ppl buy the ticket that the 100M prize is split into six, so each person ends up with 16M

Quote Originally Posted by Hkemail888:
    in practice it ends up becoming what you describe, so many ppl buy the ticket that the 100M prize is split into six, so each person ends up with 16M
    I suspect in this case some if not all the winners are syndicates that place large collective bets.

Quote Originally Posted by ren32:
    Can anyone explain why the amounts are so huge. It would be better, surely for more people to have a nice win, rather than one winning a massive amount?
    Mark Six has a few large or special draws every year. This one was a Chinese New Year draw.

On regular draws the pot simply rolls over into a the next draw if no one wins.

Quote Originally Posted by ren32:
    The default amount is usually $8 million. What does that get anyone in Hong Kong? I reckon you'd still have to go to work even if you won.

Do you expect us to believe in your $10 bet and never ending optimism?
    Yes. This and the free bunch of spring onions at the wet market. What else could one ask for in this town?
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    The default amount is usually $8 million. What does that get anyone in Hong Kong? I reckon you'd still have to go to work even if you won.
    HK$ 8M - HKD $240-300K per year in relatively safe dividends from some of the blue chips, more if you're willing to gamble again and put it all into HSBC stock.

I would not say no to that.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    HK$ 8M - HKD $240-300K per year in relatively safe dividends from some of the blue chips, more if you're willing to gamble again and put it all into HSBC stock.

I would not say no to that.
    I also wouldn't say no, but are we talking about a situation in which you own your own property in Hong Kong? Because if "no", then I think my point still stands.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast