Like Tree118Likes

HK Schools: National Anthem Law

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Was he arrested? Suspended? Were there any consequences from his actions?

Original Post Deleted
    Losing an argument? You are even funnier. No evidence that China harasses its own citizen with the anthem law, no evidence that HK harasses its citizen over booing the anthem. Many other countries have similar laws with no issues either but because it's China and HK, all of a sudden doomsday is coming... Yeah sure, you are winning dude. Kids love to declare themselves winners when they are tired of playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Golem:
    Was he arrested? Suspended? Were there any consequences from his actions?
    They broke no law so I am not sure what your point was.

The school did use all of the powers available to it to stop the activity. If there was a law banning the handing out such material he would surely of been handed over to the police.

There will be a law for not showing respect to a song. Does the CCP have a history of being easily offended?

No evidence that China harasses its own citizen with the anthem law
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...al-anthem-new/
    HK_Katherine likes this.

They broke no law so I am not sure what your point was.

The school did use all of the powers available to it to stop the activity. If there was a law for handing out such material he would surely of been handed over to the police.

There will be a law for not showing respect to a song. Does the CCP have a history of being easily offended?
    It's not the CCP that is running schools in HK. You still didn't say whether there were any consequences to the student. As to them reporting the student to the police IF there was a law, that's pure conjecture. There are laws that prevent people from fighting. Do schools call the police if a student gets punched? It's illegal to smoke in many areas. Do schools call the police when students are caught?

Bottom line, schools will take action whenever a students does something they don't like. It could be wearing offending clothing, having the wrong hairstyle or piercings, it could be for bullying. Most of the time, it's settled internally even if there are laws governing the behavior. Now, all of a sudden you think that schools will be calling the police on anthem related offences? Completely ridiculous and baseless. How many students have been jailed in China for anthem related offenses? All of a sudden this will be a problem in HK? Again, completely ridiculous.

Original Post Deleted
    Is she a student? Did the school report her? She is a very high profile star with millions of followers. Pretty big difference. I have no doubt that if a HK star were to do the same, they would get in trouble. They probably would in France or Germany too. As pointed out earlier, the penalties are similar too.

Is she a student? Did the school report her? She is a very high profile star with millions of followers. Pretty big difference. I have no doubt that if a HK star were to do the same, they would get in trouble. They probably would in France or Germany too. As pointed out earlier, the penalties are similar too.
    You stated there was no evidence the CCP had used the national anthem law to suppress people. There is. I do believe we have ha students in Hong Kong that have gained international awareness. Seems pretty similar to me but I am sure if you slice and dice your 'must be exactly this' for you to see comparability then you can rest assured that no case is identical so it won't pass the arbitrary test you have set.

Again the national anthem law has been abused by the CCP, Schools in Hong Kong have taken kids to task over their personal but perfectly legal activities. It does look like the foundations for schools to intimidate and target anti-authoritarian students.

You stated there was no evidence the CCP had used the national anthem law to suppress people. There is. I do believe we have ha students in Hong Kong that have gained international awareness. Seems pretty similar to me but I am sure if you slice and dice your 'must be exactly this' for you to see comparability then you can rest assured that no case is identical so it won't pass the arbitrary test you have set.

Again the national anthem law has been abused by the CCP, Schools in Hong Kong have taken kids to task over their personal but perfectly legal activities. It does look like the foundations for schools to intimidate and target anti-authoritarian students.
    And I would argue that you take isolated incidents barely related trying to link them to suit your narrative. Would the law in HK be used if there were high profile people slandering the anthem? Probably, just like in many other countries. they might also use it with the booing at stadium in order to stop it. I could see that... Will kids be harassed in schools? That's a giant leap that some of you make that has no basis in evidence and that makes no sense. Will student be disciplined if they act like idiots during the anthem? Yes for sure, just like they would anywhere else. Taking the leap to say that they would put a kid in jail for it is as I said ridiculous.

Are kids in schools being arrested in China for disrespecting the anthem? If not, why would it be any different in HK? You can't even find any consequences for the kid that passed pamphlets which is far worse and high profile than not singing the anthem and you leap to the conclusion that they will start arresting kids for this. Talk about the Giant Leap Forward

Bottom line: These laws are present in many countries including western european ones and it's not an issue. Kids sing/stand/learn national anthem in many countries including western ones and it's not an issue. Kids also do it in China schools and it's not an issue. Now because it's China in HK, we're supposed to believe that it's going to become an issue. Biased much?

Bottom line: These laws are present in many countries including western european ones and it's not an issue. Kids sing/stand/learn national anthem in many countries including western ones and it's not an issue. Kids also do it in China schools and it's not an issue. Now because it's China in HK, we're supposed to believe that it's going to become an issue. Biased much?
    In most western countries there are checks and balances on the government. I don't believe it a 'China' issue but a dictatorship issue which China now is.
    Mefisto likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast