Like Tree25Likes

Woman killed by falling window in TST

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Original Post Deleted
    Yes, yes they are.

Curiously the survival chance for a cat fall are better when the fall is low, or very high.

https://www.wired.com/story/how-can-...-fall-physics/
    Last edited by jgl; 24-01-2019 at 12:18 PM.
    Elegiaque, shri, justjoe86 and 4 others like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Some might say they display very human characteristics.
    jgl, imparanoic and Skyhook like this.

They get spooked from something and then just try to run and hide...like horses, when spooked they do some daft things.

Original Post Deleted
    I've stayed at a few hotels while on my business travels and i usually have a smoking room, I've seen a few with windows that the regular guest cant open unless with a special key (most likely to prevent guest jumping out of them).

Housekeeping staff usually open the windows to air out the rooms while they clean it also saves them from stinking of cigarettes

Seems this housekeeping staff got unlucky and pushed too hard on a shitty window.

If someone is negligent, careless or stupid and they cause someone to die, should there be consequences? I'm not saying that's the case here since I don't know the facts. If the hotel management was negligent and the cleaner followed regular procedure, should there be serious consequences? In my opinion, I think that there should be in either cases and perhaps there's a shared responsibility but in order to find out, there must be a proper investigation to gather facts that no one here has.

From the perspective of the family if the deceased, I think that the feeling would be that the death could have been prevented and that someone has to answer for it. I don't think I would be happy with "oh well, accidents happen"

What if management had a policy stating not to open the window knowing there was some danger and she ignored it?

Or the police take the easiest way out and just blame the cleaner. How often do you see developers or management taking responsibility for anything, anywhere? Let's see the outcome.

Original Post Deleted
    You don't know if the windows actually had a lock, you don't know whether she had a key or if she did how she got it, as a matter of fact, you hardly know anything and only have assumptions about the big bad developer/hotel management and the poor little cleaner. It may be true or it may not but you have the arrogance of making presumptions while I simply state the logical approavh to wait and see if and when all the facts are known.

Interestingly the professionals who actually have the most information are taking a more prudent approach so I guess you are calling them pedants and abnormal? Once again, faced with a different point of view and without any provocation, stooping to insults instead of rational thought and thinking of yourself as having better judgment than those with the most facts and the power to take action. It's a bit sad and pathetic especially coming from someone not even living here anymore
    Last edited by Golem; 24-01-2019 at 08:55 PM.