View Poll Results: Should Hong Kong allow extradition to China?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes there should be mutual rendition with the Mainland

17 19.32%
  • Just set-up a separate treaty with Taiwan

18 20.45%
  • The should not be a extradition with China

42 47.73%
  • Something else

8 9.09%
  • Stop asking questions

3 3.41%
Like Tree394Likes

Should Hong Kong allow extradition to China?

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Huh? Majority parties execute. It's plain and simple. Any claim otherwise is nonsense.
    The majority is artificial due to the very undemocratic nature of how Legco is elected. I have no issue with functional constiuencies so long as they represent the industry as a whole - In HK most dont.

Yawn. That's not going to happen.
    Without a functioning Legislative Council it really just up to the leader to decide. At the moment it would appear certain sexualities are targeted as not being welcome (Did you watch Eurovision on CCTV?) next it could be a minority group you are in.

If you think Hong Kong is a better place without a functioning legislature then I guess you really do like totalitarian regimes. I am still not clear on why the rush apart from she can which is a terrible reason.
    Gatts likes this.

Huh? Majority parties execute. It's plain and simple. Any claim otherwise is nonsense. Want changes? Prepare for 2020.

Yawn. That's not going to happen. Carrie Lam isn't anti-migrant nor does she engage in xenophobia. Interestingly, wasn't it you who said Eastern Europeans who are taking advantage of their right of freedom of movement are a danger to the UK? That's right, I like Carrie Lam right where she is. Keeps radicals like you where you belong. At the fringes.
    May I remind you of a slight detail: the majority party/bloc in LegCo is not the one that has the majority of the people's vote.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    May I remind you of a slight detail: the majority party/bloc in LegCo is not the one that has the majority of the people's vote.
    That's irrelevant. If Carrie Lam can get the majority of LegCo to support the bill, she can pass it.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    At the moment it would appear certain sexualities are targeted as not being welcome (Did you watch Eurovision on CCTV?) next it could be a minority group you are in.
    I guess singling out Eastern European minorities didn't work. So try another minority until you get your audience.

Absolutely irrelevant to this topic.

I guess singling out Eastern European minorities didn't work. So try another minority until you get your audience.

Absolutely irrelevant to this topic.
    It is very relevant. It could be any group the leader decides to target

Without a check and balance of a functioning legislative branch bad laws will be written.

Again I am not clear on the need to rush this through, even with out a proper consultation or a fair review at Legco there have been plenty of suggestions for amendments some of which are probably very sensible - Again can you try to explain why this need sot be rushed through so quickly?

Again can you try to explain why this need sot be rushed through so quickly?
    Because she can.

And here I thought you were against this bill. Now you're saying you may support it with sensible amendments.

Because she can.

And here I thought you were against this bill. Now you're saying you may support it with sensible amendments.
    I am against the bill as I think a separation of judicial systems is good for Hong Kong. If extradition system was to work it would need checks and balances beyond the courts checking the paperwork is OK and Carrie Lam saying ship them over the border.

I am also against rushing important legislation through as it will result in bad laws as many have pointed out. Again I am not sure why this needs to be rushed through. Apart from 'she can' is there another reason?

I am against the bill as I think a separation of judicial systems is good for Hong Kong. If extradition system was to work it would need checks and balances beyond the courts checking the paperwork is OK and Carrie Lam saying ship them over the border.
    Wow, great consultation then. Let's just put all laws on hold that you disagree with.

I'm sure if you could, you'd do exactly that.

Wow, great consultation then. Let's just put all laws on hold that you disagree with.

I'm sure if you could, you'd do exactly that.
    I am one of a myriad of opinions that a proper consultation and LegCo review would take into account to vet the law. I have stated a functioning legislative body is a good thing for society so I am not sure why you have flipped to such an extreme position of having a society where one person decides the laws of the land when I asked a simple question. Obviously by your tone you can see this is a stupid way to govern.

Again I am not clear why this bill needs to be rushed through - Do you know why?
    Last edited by East_coast; 19-05-2019 at 11:20 PM.

That's irrelevant. If Carrie Lam can get the majority of LegCo to support the bill, she can pass it.
    That is not irrelevant. A controversial bill rammed through will result in further divide in society and bad laws being passed. That is not good for HK and not good for China.
    Last edited by East_coast; 19-05-2019 at 11:28 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast