Like Tree6Likes

Uber to launch Taxi Service?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Uber to launch Taxi Service?

Meanwhile ... several years later, my number is still blocked and unusable on Uber.

The protest came amid reports that the ride-hailing platform is teaming up with a small taxi firm for a new service in the city.
    The protest came a day before Uber is expected to announce it is teaming up with a local taxi firm to help people find their closest cabs.

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...4-20190304.htm

Jeez.... that was quick.

Despite the setback, the company intends to proceed with the launch of a hailing service platform, Uber Flash, without taxi services.
    How does this work without taxi services?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Jeez.... that was quick.

How does this work without taxi services?
    A bag with a cobra or two, was probably emptied out into the taxi company bosses kitchen window during the night and they changed their mind by morning. LOL

Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Jeez.... that was quick.
    The "Uber Flash" email arrived in my inbox overnight....and now you're telling me its dead already

That *is* quick....

Oh, there is saving grace at the end of the article which says "Despite the setback, the company intends to proceed with the launch of a hailing service platform, Uber Flash, without taxi services."

The question remains : how does this Flash service differ from UberX ?

Confusing as hell. Seems Uber Flash will just be a rebadged Uber X, but without the taxis.

https://www.uber.com/en-HK/blog/uber...erx-and-taxis/

It would have been a good idea if this deal went ahead, might have cleaned up the taxi service allowing it to have a tried and tested Uber phone app hailing service, trailered for that HK taxi group, for a fee of course. Might have been really good had it caught on, but obviously someone out there told them not to.

Reminds me a bit when Carrefour was in Yuen Long, and the competing supermarket cartels leaned on the food suppliers not to supply them, subsequently they closed down and left..

I reckon something similar happened in this taxi company fleet deal with Uber.

GeoTommy likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    And the CCP protecting the functional constituencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    A bag with a cobra or two, was probably emptied out into the taxi company bosses kitchen window during the night and they changed their mind by morning. LOL
    You were right

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...-kong-scrapped

What is the probably that Asia's finest will turn up let alone investigate it?
    Skyhook likes this.

If I read that correctly, Uber Flash WILL have taxis' just some individual ones.

And I'm confused at how cooperating with Uber would have affected any thing. Uber Flash allows you to call a taxi (or something else). Given this, how is it bad? It's no different than HK Taxi app. They are arguing over semantics. The cars already have the licences so what is the problem?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast