Like Tree19Likes

Coming Soon Premium Taxis - $36 Flagfall

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

$30 or more is expensive for the average HK passengers. Please keep it at $24. RMB10 taxis are also ok fare in large mainland cities.

Quote Originally Posted by lighthse003:
    $30 or more is expensive for the average HK passengers. Please keep it at $24. RMB10 taxis are also ok fare in large mainland cities.
    Not that I know of.
    When it shows ten it's that the meter has not been adjusted to the price rise but you must pay more and get an extra receipt for that

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix2:
    Department of Transport keeps on demonstrating that is led by disingenuous people.

So this will just help the taxi mafias, tax collection, and the posh car distributors. Also a new opportunity to fleece the public, as the taxi companies will be dynamically cutting back the supply of red taxi and push people onto premium taxis.
    Corrected it for you.

I had a chat with Mr Wong who leads the taxi group in the Transport Department last year. His small team has plenty of ideas to open up the market whilst still keeping it regulated and increasing the pay of drivers but non are allowed to see the light of day. The direction for this scheme for franchises almost certainly comes from the executive branch (Carries core circle) not the transport department.

I have heard through the grapevine the the winners of the 'open' bid for the franchises will be

- Didi Chuxing
    - New World Development / Luxury Car consortium
    - Taxi Licence consortium

But it is 10 months since I spoke with anyone on this so the targeted beneficiaries may of changed
    Fenix2 likes this.

HKTaxi is gearing up to apply for whatever this premium license is.

Two entrepreneurs behind the city’s most popular taxi-hailing app have said they would up the stakes and invest HK$100 million (US$12.8 million) in luxury cabs if the government pushed through its controversial plans for a new upmarket service.

Kay Lui, 34, co-founder of HKTaxi, has revealed he and his business partner Maff Wong, also 34, plan to bid for the operation of 200 premium cabs under the proposed franchised taxi scheme, which is likely to go before the Legislative Council this year.
    https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...g-kong-premium

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    HKTaxi is gearing up to apply for whatever this premium license is.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...g-kong-premium
    I would suggest they speak to Mr Wong at the Transport Bureau to see who the winners will be before they bid in this open tender.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    I would suggest they speak to Mr Wong at the Transport Bureau to see who the winners will be before they bid in this open tender.
    So you're suggesting that whoever Mr Wong is, is an idiot who will sacrifice his income, retirement and reputation and let these guys know that the government is corrupt and has already made up their minds?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    So you're suggesting that whoever Mr Wong is, is an idiot who will sacrifice his income, retirement and reputation and let these guys know that the government is corrupt and has already made up their minds?
    I am not sure who the right person to ask would be but they should get guidance as to whether they will meet the criteria as well as other companies who will be bidding.

Wouldn’t it be in the government’s interest to let at least one non targeted beneficiary win the tender to make the general public believe its an open bid?