View Poll Results: Have you ever donated to the HKFP?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - It is an anti-Chinese rag

3 10.34%
  • No - It should make money from advertising

1 3.45%
  • No - but I probably should

10 34.48%
  • Yes - I did donate some money to them

15 51.72%
Like Tree21Likes

HKFP - do you read it?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I would guess 80% of possible advertisers will not place ads in independent news outlets
    80% of possible "advertisers" prefer to spend their day spamming the social interwebs.

There is an article on either Bloomberg.com or Yahoo finance today - an interview or a part of an interview with Warren Buffet. TL;DR - newspapers are dead. Not too sure about what it means for online outlets who essentially pay their bills with ad dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    80% of possible "advertisers" prefer to spend their day spamming the social interwebs.
    HKFP can not attract any advertising from any established businesses with CHinese links. It does narrow the field down a little when you take out property, supermarkets, logistics, utilities, major retailers, book stores etc
    Mefisto, spode and Gatts like this.

HKFP can not attract any advertising from any established businesses with CHinese links. It does narrow the field down a little when you take out property, supermarkets, logistics, utilities, major retailers, book stores etc
    One can also say that they perhaps don't have the reach and frequency of other available media when it comes to targeting a desirable demographic?

Hard to start a conspiracy theory in my mind, as I do know how ad buying works - agency, network and individual demand.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    One can also say that they perhaps don't have the reach and frequency of other available media when it comes to targeting a desirable demographic?

Hard to start a conspiracy theory in my mind, as I do know how ad buying works - agency, network and individual demand.
    I think it's a bit of both. It is quite niche publication and their slant on stories means most companies with China clients are wary about being closely associated with them.

However, there are some companies who may want to target their audience e.g. VPN providers, overseas education companies, overseas investments etc.

Anyone notice the RSS feeds from HKFP have stopped since Friday?

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    Anyone notice the RSS feeds from HKFP have stopped since Friday?
    I don't know what link doesn't work for you, but their "feed" is still working, albeit with formatting issues (at my end at least).

https://www.hongkongfp.com/feed/

The feed seems to have come to life just now, interesting.

Best English media outlet in HK.

Last phase of the relaunch coming right up
    https://www.hongkongfp.com/2020/03/2...kfps-relaunch/

drumbrake likes this.