Like Tree34Likes

new street lamps and camera

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert
    added location qrcode on new street lamps

Is this preparing HK for a time when Google Maps are banned?

I musta got hit by one of those new cameras because I'm pretty aware of where the cameras are, but I received a little notice about my driving skills needing improvement and I have driven by the same spot repeatedly and still cannot find the camera. I then searched online the TD website and it said something that all traffic cameras would have a notice to inform motorists, so I wonder if I could go to court and dispute this allegation as there is definitely no notice there. Hmm not sure I would win that one and it would likely cost me extra to do that so I will skip.

Back to the social credit score, hmm as much I do not like government intervention with people and businesses, I have visited China recently and really the behaviour and cleanliness of several cities have improved dramatically. The roads and driving are pretty good, was able to get a taxi without issues or being overcharged. Well they still do that "I don't owe you any change" routine but after a hmm they quickly paid out the change.

Around the border gate, there are still people touting for illegal taxis, hmm, I wonder if their social credit card has been affected.

So yes, there is dramatic improvement, I didn't run into any nail clippers, nose blowing any which direction, use of the toilet anywhere, etc. But China is still China, one thing that really drives me wonkers is government promotion of bad business practices. And I will say this in that I have looked at some new property developments in China and they are sketchy, always some design flaw, but China looks at everything they do as gold, however it comes with bad quality and shortcuts - further providing such feedback of these shortcomings is culturally "wrong" and thus silenced or muted.

Once China can get over that last final hurdle, the sky is the limit for their future growth.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!
    I musta got hit by one of those new cameras because I'm pretty aware of where the cameras are, but I received a little notice about my driving skills needing improvement.
    I got a speeding ticket recently from a team on a bridge with a laser. They didn't pull me over so I thought I managed to brake in time, but apparently now they just send you the ticket in the mail.
    MandM! and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
    I got a speeding ticket recently from a team on a bridge with a laser. They didn't pull me over so I thought I managed to brake in time, but apparently now they just send you the ticket in the mail.
    Where was it at? I believe that's the same thing I got. I received a registered letter saying citing the careless driving ordinance which also includes minor speeding offences. I then went to my mailbox and found the violation listed which was speeding. I don't actually think it is correct because at that area the traffic piles up and it's not reasonable or realistic to be able to speed.

Where was it at? I believe that's the same thing I got. I received a registered letter saying citing the careless driving ordinance which also includes minor speeding offences. I then went to my mailbox and found the violation listed which was speeding. I don't actually think it is correct because at that area the traffic piles up and it's not reasonable or realistic to be able to speed.
    You'll always get the letter if you are more than 15 km/h over the limit. Pretty ridiculous imho, 3 letters for one speeding offence. I got caught on Fanling Highway, inside the road construction area, used to be 100 but now it's only 70.
    I was just surprised they didn't pull me over, in the past they'd always pull you over if you got caught with the laser gun, but now they don't seem to be bothering anymore.
    MandM! likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoTommy
    Countries with a deep history of racism should embrace this tech.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
    You'll always get the letter if you are more than 15 km/h over the limit. Pretty ridiculous imho, 3 letters for one speeding offence. I got caught on Fanling Highway, inside the road construction area, used to be 100 but now it's only 70.
    I was just surprised they didn't pull me over, in the past they'd always pull you over if you got caught with the laser gun, but now they don't seem to be bothering anymore.
    Mine was Tuen Mun Rd where it slows to 70. I always drove pretty quickly at that area you are referring to as well. Guess this year police are stepping up enforcement of everything. I think I had more penalties this year than the last 6 years combined

Mine was Tuen Mun Rd where it slows to 70. I always drove pretty quickly at that area you are referring to as well. Guess this year police are stepping up enforcement of everything. I think I had more penalties this year than the last 6 years combined
    Missed this bit, but have spotted a number of "mobile" units with these portable camera-laser-radar units around our area too.

Yes, seems like they're stepping up or have received new gear over the last year and need to put it to use.
    MandM! likes this.

Apparently the lights were initially supposed to have HD cameras, they were switched out for lower resolution ones.
    https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...7-20190716.htm

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast