Like Tree34Likes

new street lamps and camera

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

new street lamps and camera

new street lamps with what seems to be CCTV cameras at every junction have appeared in Kowloon Bay

Would be interesting to see if this was tendered out and what the specifications are.

imparanoic, MandM! and spode like this.

where about in Kowloon bay so I dont go there lol

shri and Kowloon Goon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    where about in Kowloon bay so I dont go there lol
    Right outside your office. Does that become a reasonable reason to work from home?
    chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Right outside your office. Does that become a reasonable reason to work from home?
    I accept any reason to be lazy and work from home especially when the boss is away for 2 weeks LOL

I think that's the new Chinese social credit system rolling out in Hong Kong, piloting in Kowloon Bay first.

https://www.news.com.au/world/asia/h...78a6a68f5359a2

JAherbert likes this.

I was under the impression that if there are CCTVs installed for whatever purpose, there has to be a notice (printed, posted nearby) indicating such action. Was there any or is that not applicable to Governments?

Quote Originally Posted by lovehunter:
    I was under the impression that if there are CCTVs installed for whatever purpose, there has to be a notice (printed, posted nearby) indicating such action. Was there any or is that not applicable to Governments?
    China's social credit system will give you faster internet access and cheaper flights if you are behaving well. So what are you complaining about? Just smile for the camera and enjoy the benefits. Last year they denied 17.5 million domestic flights and 5.5 million high speed rail trips to those who didn't smile.

AI combined with big data and all of these cameras. Where you walk, how fast you walk there, learn your pattern.

I'm guessing they are just used/pulled if there is an incident and likely deleted after a period of time (usually one month).

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast