Like Tree715Likes

Carrie Lam: News & Press Conference(s)

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2019/06/1...eople-rioters/

what a ridiculous statement! He seems not to know the law or never served commanding a PTU platoon
    if 3 or more people in a 2 million lawful assembly commit a breach of the peace then all persons protesting are deemed to be unlawfully assembled (5 years jail)
    this is when the police start to display their warning banners

if one person in said unlawful (2 million) assembly commits a breach of the peace then all persons present are deemed riotously assembled (10 years jail)
    Public Order Ordinance
    nivek2046 likes this.

Things you don't need to have any knowledge of to become a cop in HK:

1) English
    2) Math
    3) The law

Let's see what we can add to that list.

MatthieuTofu likes this.

If she is 'most sincere' than why didn't she retract the effing bill ? I predict that the July 1 march will set a new record and the prime message will be "Carrie Lam resign".

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Things you don't need to have any knowledge of to become a cop in HK:

1) English
    2) Math
    3) The law

Let's see what we can add to that list.
    You can add common sense to the list.
    JAherbert and MABinPengChau like this.

Original Post Deleted
    No acknowledgement that they were pushing a badly created law. And blaming it on

“To those young people who participated peacefully to express their views, let me say I understand you expect your Chief Executive to listen to different voices, and to respect and care for young people having different concerns.

I know that we all want Hong Kong to be a caring and well-governed society with hope. I know you have different concerns and views about social issues, yet we share the same passion for Hong Kong. This incident has led me to realise that I need to do more.“

Utterly clueless

It didn't sound like an apology but blaming the enthusiasm of youth who don't understand yet the real issues facing Hong Kong

The people walking on the march was a huge cross section of society from the young to the old. I would guess with an average age of 35-40. Those at the end (the ones with the most stamina and purest ideals) are a lot younger.

I think it was better before she 'apologised' for the youth not knowing what they will later in life.
    Last edited by East_coast; 19-06-2019 at 12:21 AM.
    shri, MatthieuTofu and GeoTommy like this.

https://twitter.com/xinwenxiaojie/st...59547668017153

Re: body language Social media image going round compares, stiff-upright #CarrieLam from today's "sorry" presser to her thanking the #777 Election Committee members who selected her
    Name:  D9WAqFnXUAEv6Rt.png
Views: 492
Size:  789.0 KB

she said the LEGCO experts who know the process will understand blah blah blah (implying the bill is effectively retracted but maybe not) BUT she was addressing the general population, not experts, it appears she has had her orders.

I was surprised that I saw the apology on CGTN here in Fuzhou along with march scenes. No idea what Chinese news reported.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    I was surprised that I saw the apology on CGTN here in Fuzhou along with march scenes. No idea what Chinese news reported.
    Some confused viewers I should think seeing as the first march was in support of the bill

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast