Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11
Like Tree182Likes

Tuen Mun Park CUM dance club CUM Brothel Avenue

Quote Originally Posted by si0001
    Whilst I don't intend to insert myself in these squabbles, is this not the same whataboutery you guys are using?
    Eh such as? Genuinely curious.

Quote Originally Posted by juanalias
    You're just being a dick now. This has nothing to do with Puritanism or squeamish prudery. If you want to watch aging, mushy-faced, [email protected] whores rubbing their nasty bits against priapic retirees, you have every right. Fill your boots. No harm, no foul, and it sounds like you know how to clear your search history. But it isn't welcome in a public park.filled with kids, in broad daylight.

Tldr:/ you're being a dick
    You must be their leader.

I can't be arsed trawling through the pages to quote but essentially this:

One side: Why hawkers, bicycle repairmen and the like get arrested and not singing prostitutes. All breaking the law yada yada.

Other side: Why should singing prostitutes get arrested if other innocuous law breakers get a pass blah blah

So one side is saying they should be arrested because others are arrested and the other side is saying they shouldn't be arrested because others are not arrested.

Smells the same to me.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant
    You must be their leader.
    Not even, ow. If you never join anything, you never have to lead anything.

I can't be arsed trawling through the pages to quote but essentially this:

One side: Why hawkers, bicycle repairmen and the like get arrested and not singing prostitutes. All breaking the law yada yada.

Other side: Why should singing prostitutes get arrested if other innocuous law breakers get a pass blah blah

So one side is saying they should be arrested because others are arrested and the other side is saying they shouldn't be arrested because others are not arrested.

Smells the same to me.
    Except...

whoresinparkswhoresinparkswhoresinparkswhoresinpar kswhoresinparkswhoresinparkswhoresinparkswhoresinp arkswhoresinparkswhoresinparkswhoresinparkswhoresi nparkswhoresinparkswhoresinparkswhoresinparks
    GentleGeorge likes this.

Actually, I'm fine with them being arrested if they can find evidence/witnesses for soliciting, aka doing police work. In a society where breaking the rules is quite common and enforcement is quite lax, you'll end up with a random sample set of prosecutions.

I'm just responding to the accusations that police is not being fair and equal in the application of law enforcement. If some like to complain about political prosecutions, then maybe they should realize that when one breaks the law on in front of a shitload of TV cameras that this will automatically produce a shitload of witnesses and that police will have to follow calls for action from society.

Someone is just upset about the loss of park (and probably home) entertainment.

Suspicion isn't enough for prosecution.
    You're absolutely correct and the people of Tun Mun clearly agree with you coming out onto the streets asking for investigative action to be taken based on the clear probability and high level of complaints. It looks a simple one for the police but as they say they are too busy marshalling protests about police inactivity.

The only thing different in this case is people getting triggered by indecency.
    I would suggest it is not the fashion they wear but the flagrancy and the apparent sense of impunity that is causing the average middle class residents to march against the in action of the police to investigate.
    Gatts likes this.

It might be worth mentioning a bit of history.

The entertainments in Tuen Mun Park started - as far as I could tell - spontaneously some 15 or 18 years ago and were a pure expression of popular culture, nothing to do with the debased scene there is now. "Charming" is not a word often used to describe a HK place, but it was charming to walk through the park and see how people were entertaining themselves. Here, there was a group of women doing calisthenics. There, a non-professional singer and musicians performing for pleasure. There, a dance party. I once saw a couple imitating Shanghai of the twenties and thirties, dressed in the style, dancing in the style. Everyone over-amplified, but except for the noise it was, once upon a time, a very nice scene.

MatthieuTofu likes this.

Three Princesses of Tuen Mun

A gift that keeps on giving - now I'm getting recommendations like this in my youtube feed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-0ArN9nyuI

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11