Like Tree1201Likes

07/19 - July Protests & Related News

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 142 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Now all pickpocketers will know where to go Friday night just after sundown. Targets will be wearing black shirts.

So what is happening in Shatin (I live there)?

Original Post Deleted
    There are easier places for pickpocket than getting a visa to enter HK just to pickpocket Chinese tourists... For the Shenzhen locals with those 2x passes they can prob just pickpocket themselves.

Even for the really odd ones out there, I would think they go through Lok Ma Chau...

based on whatever that everyone been saying, even the taxi in sz and most places in china doesn't carry any cash anymore.. all thru electronics payment (we chat/alipay)... you can only pick the HKers these days...

People still use cash. A lot of salaries are paid in cash for example.

Has anyone seen proof (not necessarily doubting, just asking) to support the claim BOC were actively/publicly supporting the extradition bill?

And I stand by my question, now converting to a statement, this exercise will prove nothing and only inconvenience:
    1. front line BOC staff who have nothing to do with the bigger picture
    2. ATM users - i.e. general public

if the withdrawls spread to other ATM's on the JETCO network, then it only magnifies point 2 above

Honestly I dont think the proof matters at all. Just its name alone 'Bank of China' would make it a target for protesters. Also I don't think any of us here really think it will make much of a difference. I don't have insight into BOCHK's balance sheet but I bet that its consumer deposits is a small potato in the grand scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    Has anyone seen proof (not necessarily doubting, just asking) to support the claim BOC were actively/publicly supporting the extradition bill?
    Not sure if this is the one...

Perhaps someone who can read it, can translate?

https://twitter.com/HKBigLychee/stat...88097051160578

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    I can't seem to find the photo now but there is a photo showing people marching down Queensway onto Des Voeux Road Central on July 1st past the old BOC tower with their screen showing some pro-extradition law message.

Quote Originally Posted by si0001:
    So what is happening in Shatin (I live there)?

https://twitter.com/KongTsungGan/sta...11713117462528

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 142 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast