Like Tree1201Likes

07/19 - July Protests & Related News

Closed Thread
Page 28 of 142 FirstFirst ... 20 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 36 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    That has been said for quite some while now, officers not being respected. It's nobody's responsibility to respect them, their job is literally to stand on the side of the road, quietly, taking the abuse and making sure everybody is safe. There job isn't to engage in swearing contests with the protesters. It's just words, if they can't take a bit of verbal abuse they might wanna look for another job, but then I think most of them are stuck in that career path as even McDonalds requires a better level of English and maths.
    I'm not sure it should be anyone's job to stand and take abuse all day. That aside, police are still human and they will be affected by this.

For those on the front line who aren't the decision makers and are just trying to make it through the day, I have a lot of sympathy for them.

Quote Originally Posted by si0001:

For those on the front line who aren't the decision makers and are just trying to make it through the day, I have a lot of sympathy for them.
    I don't, the police operations since the extradition bill have made it pretty clear that most front line cops are a bunch of untrained cry babies. Every job is hard if you suck at it.
    Coolboy likes this.

What's that guy on? The last thing any of the protesters want is kill someone, they don't even wanna smash up stores or torch cars.
    I wouldnt be surprised if either the protesters or the cops killed someone by accident. There has already been occasions on both sides when someone could have died, e.g. the cop who got kicked down the escalator in Shatin. What would have happened had he hit his head on the escalator step edge?

No need to mention when the cops could have killed someone by mistake, there are numerous...
    Coolboy and drumbrake like this.

I don't, the police operations since the extradition bill have made it pretty clear that most front line cops are a bunch of untrained cry babies. Every job is hard if you suck at it.
    Just curious, were you ever arrested by HK police before by any chance? You seem to habour a great deal of grudge against them...(Just kidding. ).

Some people have been saying that Carrie Lam is waiting for the protesters to kill an officer to turn public opinion against them.

Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elefant&Castle:
    She's got a Bezos eye - creepy.

When she retires I bet she will leave HK and join her husband in UK.
    It would be good to see a list of Pro-Authoritarian figures and which have secured overseas passports for their kids.

I would guess that this sounds like great news to many local people
    Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    I would guess that this sounds like great news to many local people
    Yes, but it is only the growth rate they have revised down - not absolute number of arrivals.

It has revised down its estimated growth of mainland tourist arrivals for the year to 9 per cent from 9.7 per cent, according to a research report it released on Tuesday. Visitor numbers increased by 14 per cent in 2018.
    shri likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 28 of 142 FirstFirst ... 20 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 36 ... LastLast