Like Tree158Likes

2019 District Council Elections

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Please help them. They have a size problem
    https://twitter.com/HKWORLDCITY/stat...21307084574720

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    Have you ever spoken with Ms Lee. Bereft of original thought and I would assume promoted to her current position because she is unable to lead.

Starry Lee is the most vacuous of ventriloquist's dolls.

They are already trotting out excuses to cancel the district elections. Which I am sure the government will comply, anything to prevent the pro-democrats to win more seats. In the past there has been legitimate criticism against the pro-democrats as a bunch of disorganized back-biting group more interested in sabotaging each other than win democracy, but now, with the whole protest going on, the election is theirs to lose.

Assuming there will be an election of course...which I am not optimistic about.
    Gatts likes this.

Leung Hoi-ching, youthful member of community group Kwun Tong Future announces she's joining race for District Council seat in the morning, is attacked in the evening
    Name:  b7369e75d7d599fd91307c8896b1f148.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  216.3 KB

https://twitter.com/xinwenxiaojie/st...36320860528641
    MatthieuTofu and Coolboy like this.

OK - may I have some help on please on this.
    I've got my PR. I'm registered. I intend to cast a vote. But I've now got loads of questions.

I've had a look at the list of candidates that have been nominated so far in my district (Wan Chai) in the link below. Only one nomination in my constituency (Tai Hang): a Mr Liu Tin-Shing.

So how does the election work? -From my reading of the rules, I can only vote for one candidate within Tai Hang constituency, is that right?
    If so, and if Mr Liu remains uncontested, then that means I don't get a choice, do I?

Second question - I can only find a couple of links to Mr Liu, both in Chinese. He's registered as Independent. I can't seem to get a good read on him except for the Chinese Wikipedia page which I can't get a good translation... but he seems to be pro-Beijing, right?

https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%BB...B7%BB%E8%AA%A0

The protests show why the bootlicker faction are so desperate to avoid democracy - the protesters have been incredibly creative, efficient and professional in producing posters, pamphlets, videos, and songs to promote their cause. Imagine if hundreds of youths canvassed local neighbourhoods with this type of material promoting the pan-dem candidates.The DAB would be destroyed overnight.

Coolboy, boris81, Gatts and 3 others like this.

I think we should do a poll on whether the elections will go aheas yes or no. Government and cronies already seem to float the idea around.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmark
    OK - may I have some help on please on this.
    I've got my PR. I'm registered. I intend to cast a vote. But I've now got loads of questions.

I've had a look at the list of candidates that have been nominated so far in my district (Wan Chai) in the link below. Only one nomination in my constituency (Tai Hang): a Mr Liu Tin-Shing.

So how does the election work? -From my reading of the rules, I can only vote for one candidate within Tai Hang constituency, is that right?
    If so, and if Mr Liu remains uncontested, then that means I don't get a choice, do I?

Second question - I can only find a couple of links to Mr Liu, both in Chinese. He's registered as Independent. I can't seem to get a good read on him except for the Chinese Wikipedia page which I can't get a good translation... but he seems to be pro-Beijing, right?

https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%BB...B7%BB%E8%AA%A0
    Sorry no one has answered yet. It’s good to get prepared, but given nobody knows if the elections will proceed, it’s probably not top priority right now.

On your second question, the most likely way this will be handled is that the CHRF/CPC will release a list of endorsed candidates, which should make it easier to identify electable candidates.
    Paxbritannia and greenmark like this.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast