Like Tree158Likes

2019 District Council Elections

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by henkka
    Dorothy, wakie wakie, all of HK and quite a lot of people outside HK are watching and now you take leave.
    Uh, maybe that's precisely why she felt the need to be on leave. I think you might be sick too if your political masters wanted one thing, and your plans included being overseas in future if things turn south.
    shri, jgl, drumbrake and 3 others like this.

Mefisto likes this.

".. but who watches the political commissars...?"

https://twitter.com/alvinllum/status...93523722133505

It may not be an altogether fun gig though unless one is a sociopath or a marxist zealot.

Which reminds me, do the United Front candicates like Goonius get obedience-vetted by these "returning officers" too?

Quote Originally Posted by Mefisto
    It may not be an altogether fun gig though unless one is a sociopath or a marxist zealot.

Which reminds me, do the United Front candicates like Goonius get obedience-vetted by these "returning officers" too?
    Jeez ... give her a f'ing chance will ya. I mean you can mess around anonymously, but at least give the ones who do not have anonymity a chance? You're doing exactly what you're accusing people of doing.
    jgl likes this.

The lady in charge of Project Joshua Wong was indicated to be of liberal leaning and may simply wish to not to be involved in the political vetting charade. If that is indeed the case I can only feel sorry for her.

If it was up to me, none of these political commissars would be "given a f'ing chance" because the whole concept is a travesty.

However, who vets (or appoints) the vetters? Considering their power over the electoral process why wouldn't their background be of general interest?

edit: If your issue was with the general comment "it may not be an altogether fun gig though unless one is a sociopath or a marxist zealot"; how would you express that more clearly?

Last edited by Mefisto; 24-10-2019 at 06:21 PM.

Ok lah, you win.

If Joshua gets rejected I'll reckon it will cost the Government at least 2 Empty R stations and twelve DAB and Regina Ip District offices.

The returning officer went on sick leave could mean that it has already decided rejecting Joshua. She might be afraid of getting attack after making the announcement.

And the murmurs and pre-emptive leaks and nudges started as expected, So far i am betting one beer on election getting postponed..

Poll delay looms if violence arises as Wong hopes hang in the air | The Standard

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast