Closed Thread
Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree410Likes

08/19 - Part 2 - August Protests & News

After last nights tear gas in the MTR....could tear gas at the airport be far behind?

Current picture at the airport. Not much room to move.
    Name:  Screenshot 2019-08-12 at 1.51.16 PM.png
Views: 763
Size:  340.1 KB

shri, William06 and MatthieuTofu like this.

bdw

Quote Originally Posted by dynamco
    you are so wrong ESF is open already
    Oh, welcome back! AISHK has been back since 23rd July and I'm glad we are not the only school affected anymore

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs
    After last nights tear gas in the MTR....could tear gas at the airport be far behind?

Current picture at the airport. Not much room to move.

How long does tear gas stay around indoors if they vent the place? Tear gas overnight when there are no flights?

Hemlocks' take.

CCP ups HK hearts and minds in HK, again | Big Lychee, Various Sectors

Companies that are insufficiently supportive of the regime will be pressured into openly siding with the government, as already seen with demands that Cathay Pacific exert ideological discipline on its staff, and hundreds of tycoons sign a contrived petition. The civil service (including RTHK), universities, professionals and other supposedly independent institutions will presumably come in for similar treatment.
    However, as Hemlock points out, this depends on the local population actually supporting the regime. I think it's divided.

So what happens next?
    The kids continue to get their heads bashed in and teeth knocked out.
    More will be arrested, and some no doubt taken across the border for 're-education'.
    Professional bodies will protest, but many will learn to to be quiet and nod in agreement where necessary - talk to any colleagues who work in Chinese companies / organisations for what to do.
    Media will be even more strictly controlled.
    Education - will party members be installed in schools and universities to ensure that the right content is taught? Otherwise, that's going to be the next pressure point when schools and universities start again in September. The threat of violence can be used to make sure most don't step out of line, but hearts and minds have been lost for a generation at least.
    markranson likes this.

bdw

Quote Originally Posted by chichow
    How long does tear gas stay around indoors if they vent the place? Tear gas overnight when there are no flights?
    Do people stay there all night? I thought knock off time for protesters, police and thugs was around midnight and they all go home, reappear somewhere else the next day?

https://www.facebook.com/RichScotfor...52934661474507

Richard Scotford

I was very close to the girl before she got shot in the face.
    It was near the junction of Nathan and Austin Road, by the bus stops. The whole area was full of medics and people in bright yellow clothes, indicating they were not protesters and keeping clear of the main fray at the police gate. Pretty much all the protesters were much further south, down Nathan Rd.
    About 5 minutes before she was shot, I literally saw and heard a white projectile fly past my face. This was not a CS canister as it made a swish sound, and it didnt make any noise against the shop front like canisters do. I was dressed clearly in yellow and orange. I turned to face the back end of the police station and could just make out a darkened balcony, with about 3 figures on it. Prior to that, you wouldnt even know there was a balcony there in the night time.
    There was no doubt in my mind, they tried to headshot me and missed. There was no one else within metres of me. Definitely not any black clad protesters. I crouched down behind the wall, and behind one of the large Banyans.
    About 5 minutes later, the girl was shot 15 metres from me.
    There isnt a single doubt in my mind that who ever was shooting could see they were firing at people who were clearly visible as medics or media.

Photos from the Airport in this thread.

https://twitter.com/rhokilpatrick/st...91158622019585

markranson likes this.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by nivek2046
    live demonstration of water cannon..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Ee7RHHYhY
    great fun watching Hohoho getting shit from the Dems Meanwhile did they explain that at full pelt they have enough water for less than 4 minutes? hence any future rallies will be directed around fire service hydrant points

markranson likes this.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast