View Poll Results: What structure should HK follow?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Independent (like Taiwan)

20 35.09%
  • Follow 1C2S (existing)

28 49.12%
  • Become another city of China (like Shanghai)

6 10.53%
  • Returned to UK

3 5.26%
Like Tree655Likes

Protest: Random Opinions

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 60 65 66 67 68

Clam's way of addressing people's random opinions:

Batons and more batons!

Quote Originally Posted by Mefisto
    No, we aren't. In any case terms of ability to dispense violence the CCP has Hong Kong beaten by about trillion to one and then some. In comparison I'd guesstimate the Warsow ghetto's odds of victory in 1944 were about 100,000 to one.

The CCP's military arm doesn't fear violent opposition; it fears the opposite. Every petrol bomb thrown is hard currency on CCP's propaganda account even if the 'valiants' (or the mystery undercover cops) don't even want to hit the popos with them.

I keep wishing that the frontliners would democratically elect not to engage in any offensive actions that may cause severe injury or even death.

Oh, and Erik Prince is already involved in the "industry of educational enablement" for Uighurs in their old homeland and thus in cahoots with the CCP.
    I am sure I am not alone in being unfortunate to having witnessed at close hand riot control approach in China, HK Post '19 and Western Europe.

From a very small sample size of the review of the aggression levels I was initially surprised by the by the level in Western Europe but on reflection this was highly restrained and very disciplined compared to HK now and in no way comparable to the PRC approach that I saw. The now more indiscriminate approach of HKPF is a worrying sign.
    sv336 likes this.

How long before arrested Hong Kongers are blindfolded like this ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inmP0LvZEhY

Chatting to someone who said they go to the frontline every weekend he was adamant that 90% of petrol bombs were not thrown by protesters.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake
    How long before arrested Hong Kongers are blindfolded like this ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inmP0LvZEhY
    It is a wonder international sport doesn't kick China out as it did with Apartheid.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    Chatting to someone who said they go to the frontline every weekend he was adamant that 90% of petrol bombs were not thrown by protesters.
    IMO ideally they'd agree not to use them at all, since they're major propaganda fodder for the otherwise witless CCP. There are other ways of being "valiant", although they generally involve more taking (damage) than giving.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    It is a wonder international sport doesn't kick China out as it did with Apartheid.
    Unlike Maggie in the UK though who supported sporting links with apartheid.

A new theory for me, in the comments section of the SCMP on FB.

Filipino helpers in Hong Kong are paid by the CIA to brainwash the little darlings in their care against the mainland. This is also why they seduce old western employers as well apparently.

So to stop the protests just don't employ helpers.

MABinPengChau likes this.

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 60 65 66 67 68