Like Tree448Likes

17-23 August - Protest News & Discussion

Closed Thread
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 34 39 40 41 42
  1. #411

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    20,015
    Quote Originally Posted by sv336
    Well, now that the thread moved on... Here's some on the use of "robotic" word: "extremely wrong stereotypes that East Asians suffer from — robotic dorks with no personality, creativity, edginess, sense of adventure, leadership ability, or anything good and right" (https://medium.com/@RacismDiarySF/ho...a-67dd476170a4). I can't imagine anyone working for a US company using this in a public comment... Basically, grounds for termination. I don't work for United, though. However, one thing for sure: they can be rude to me, but I'm not a gweilo when I'm on board, and that means something. "Proud to be an American", maybe?
    I love the service on Emirates and Qatar. So based on that sample I would say Middle East airlines have great service, but the aircrew are from all over.
    Coolboy likes this.

  2. #412

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by sv336
    Well, now that the thread moved on... Here's some on the use of "robotic" word: "extremely wrong stereotypes that East Asians suffer from — robotic dorks with no personality, creativity, edginess, sense of adventure, leadership ability, or anything good and right" (https://medium.com/@RacismDiarySF/ho...a-67dd476170a4). I can't imagine anyone working for a US company using this in a public comment... Basically, grounds for termination. I don't work for United, though. However, one thing for sure: they can be rude to me, but I'm not a gweilo when I'm on board, and that means something. "Proud to be an American", maybe?
    Stop making things up, pal. You sound more and more absurd. First saying good customer service is socialism now accusing me of racism when I said no such thing. Next are you going to say Elvis was kidnapped by aliens? Come on man, talk sense.

  3. #413

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy
    Stop making things up, pal. You sound more and more absurd. First saying good customer service is socialism now accusing me of racism when I said no such thing. Next are you going to say Elvis was kidnapped by aliens? Come on man, talk sense.
    Overall, customer service in the US is way higher than elsewhere in the world. Specifically with the airlines, the EU (used here generically) has government-backed guarantees of service - that makes the flying experience less stressful. We are talking about compensations for delays, etc., - not so much how the FA looked at me when I board or ask for more wine. Those guarantees a quite socialistic in nature - as many things in Europe

  4. #414

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    173

    Oops - software glitch. After posting once, it was still showing as draft... Unless I accidentally hit the Rear button


  5. #415

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    375

    Perhaps we can come up with a list of five demands from airlines so I don't feel like I'm in the wrong thread?


  6. #416

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sai Kung
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by SirNotAppearing
    Perhaps we can come up with a list of five demands from airlines so I don't feel like I'm in the wrong thread?
    Resignation of the boss? Oh!
    hullexile likes this.

  7. #417

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,786
    Quote Originally Posted by sv336
    Up until a couple of years back, UAL used non-flat business class on the ORD-HKG route. I was appalled when I boarded once - and the plane was full, and the ticket was substantially cheaper than on CX. UAL was able to fill up those old planes - good for them, bad for me as a passenger. However, they have switched to Polaris ones - and still cheaper than CX. Too bad they pulled the route, even though ORD is the definition of hell, in spite of their nice Polaris lounge - still in hell
    as we are off topic.

    Up until a couple of years back, UAL used non-flat business class on the ORD-HKG

    apologies but this is flat out incorrect. UAL has run 180 degree flat business class on ORD - HKG since the 2000's decade. Pre merger UAL ran the 180 degree flat business on Boeing 747s. After the merger with Continental and after the 747s retired, UAL would mainly put on the Continental GE powered Boeing 777s on that route which was also lie flat seats.
    Coolboy likes this.

  8. #418

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by sv336
    Overall, customer service in the US is way higher than elsewhere in the world. Specifically with the airlines, the EU (used here generically) has government-backed guarantees of service - that makes the flying experience less stressful. We are talking about compensations for delays, etc., - not so much how the FA looked at me when I board or ask for more wine. Those guarantees a quite socialistic in nature - as many things in Europe
    Customer service better in the US? Maybe for other industries beside the airline business. Truth is, the airline industry as a whole, including the US, has been subsidized and supported by their respective governments. To suggest other airlines are somehow "socialist" and pretend US carriers didn't receive favors from the US government is highly misleading.

  9. #419

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by chichow
    as we are off topic.

    Up until a couple of years back, UAL used non-flat business class on the ORD-HKG

    apologies but this is flat out incorrect. UAL has run 180 degree flat business class on ORD - HKG since the 2000's decade. Pre merger UAL ran the 180 degree flat business on Boeing 747s. After the merger with Continental and after the 747s retired, UAL would mainly put on the Continental GE powered Boeing 777s on that route which was also lie flat seats.
    Ok, I am probably mistaken branding the chick-to-chick business class as non-flat. It might have been flat, but you slept right next to your seatmate (chick-to-chick). The old style we flied in JFK-LHR back in the 90-s. Polaris is the normal business class a CX customer thinks of when travelling