Like Tree59Likes

Tensions at all levels at the MTR Corp.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Tensions at all levels at the MTR Corp.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...n-bows-beijing

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...ter-protesters

An 18-year-old man, reportedly a member of MTR staff, was arrested by police on suspicion of assaulting a 25-year-old man, who suffered injuries to the face.

MTR is definitely feeling a pinch in profits from this with the need for extra workers to enforce crowd control and lost revenue.

I landed in HKG last night and saw the Airport Express entrance near exit A was closed. I assumed the train was out of service and was about to order an Uber when I happened to notice that the Airport Express entrance near exit B was open (and guarded by 4 MTR workers). I'm sure other travelers may have opted to go with a taxi instead of spend their $125 with the MTR in making the same mistake.

"Under pressure from Beijing..."

Enough said. This is exactly why the protest should go on.
    markranson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tf19
    MTR is definitely feeling a pinch in profits from this with the need for extra workers to enforce crowd control and lost revenue.

I landed in HKG last night and saw the Airport Express entrance near exit A was closed. I assumed the train was out of service and was about to order an Uber when I happened to notice that the Airport Express entrance near exit B was open (and guarded by 4 MTR workers). I'm sure other travelers may have opted to go with a taxi instead of spend their $125 with the MTR in making the same mistake.
    Here they are shooting themselves in the foot

https://twitter.com/timmysung/status...272710144?s=21

Stupid... bow to pressure in the attempt to not bring protesters to the protests anymore while really starting to disrupt ordinary people's lifes.

I don't know how Beijing wants to win this fight when they are alienating everybody and create their own opposition of people who normally would be politically neutral. If you just completely stop the service on the east Kwun Tong line in anticipation of people using it to get to protests, you are not serving the public anymore at all.

Time for a MTR boycott!

A few points to remember:

- MTR is govt owned
    - MTR makes its profits from land, not transport
    - MTR is the majority owner of Octopus Holdings

Try unravelling this ownership before you consider that the MTR can take a stance of any sort in the current environment.

markranson and tal56 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu
    Here they are shooting themselves in the foot

https://twitter.com/timmysung/status...272710144?s=21
    I don't have context here. Just saw some random people saying something about "talk about scoring a self-goal".

Why is this suspension good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    I don't have context here. Just saw some random people saying something about "talk about scoring a self-goal".

Why is this suspension good or bad?
    Bad for the protest goers as well it’s harder to get to Kwun Tong. Good for the wider movement as the move will backfire against the MTR, remember how people complain everytime there is an MTR delay?

If the protesters don’t turn up it’ll be a lovely evening on telly watching people complaining at the MTR stations.
    shri and Jackie1 like this.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast