Like Tree110Likes

The Hong Kong "Anthem" / Protest Song

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Some totally random character going by the name Hemlock had links to bagpipe and harp versions.

Having enjoyed the local orchestral anti-rendition rendition it would be great to also see foreign symphony orchestras performing it. Even better if they could have a choir singing it in Cantonese.

Another one for the wishlist: Yo-Yo Ma's cello version with the maestro wearing a black facemask.

East_coast and JAherbert like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mefisto:
    Some totally random character going by the name Hemlock had links to bagpipe and harp versions.

Having enjoyed the local orchestral anti-rendition rendition it would be great to also see foreign symphony orchestras performing it. Even better if they could have a choir singing it in Cantonese.

Another one for the wishlist: Yo-Yo Ma's cello version with the maestro wearing a black facemask.
    The piper will probably be arrested for using a instrument of war.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:

I sent this sheet music to my choir director in the US- would be great if a US-based group posted a video- I will keep my fingers crossed that they would do it- he is a Palestinian refugee so I think he has sympathy for the protesters...
    Is there a phonetic transcription of this withe sheet music? I'd like to learn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Is there a phonetic transcription of this withe sheet music? I'd like to learn it.
    I haven't seen phonetics on sheet, but there's a good video with (IMO) good phonetics and writing down the lyrics yourself is kinda fun (hyping the process is an age-old teacher's trick!). But seriously, play the tube clip and keep hitting the left arrow to 'rewind' until you're happy with the perfect transliteration for you.

(Totally off topic, but back in the day before everything went down to the intertubes I bought a good teach yourself Hindi book and after some studious labouring thought I'd taught myself some Hindi before actually starting to try it out and realizing that no one had any idea what gibberish I was speaking. Turned out the book used "English phonetics", meaning that the e.g. every romanized diftong could have multiple actual pronunciations... )

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    You can refer to post #13 of this thread if haven't read it yet, it might help.

Yesterday in Central. Not sure if this the same event it related to the HSBC protest.

https://twitter.com/antd/status/1174...629548544?s=09

I wanted to join a group to sing this song but so far no luck.

I predict this song will be sing again in public on Oct 1.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Yesterday in Central. Not sure if this the same event it related to the HSBC protest.
    Oh, so there is really something with hsbc. I was disappointed when the bank publicly condemns the violence and instability, clearly pro-Beijing. This was a little while back. Although I am disappointed but I am not planning to change my bank accounts yet, I have been with them for several decades.

Brilliantly done Sign Language version....

Watch it till the end ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J_8z0KBefM

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast