Like Tree35Likes

Anson Chan on BBC Hardtalk

Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Discovery Bay
    Posts
    1,006

    Anson Chan on BBC Hardtalk

    BBC roasting my 師姐 Anson Chan

    https://youtu.be/Q4-OFW8qhLQ


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by shri
    Worth watching... 13 mins.

    https://youtu.be/Q4-OFW8qhLQ
    it’s already been shared here in post #661

    https://geoexpat.com/forum/342/thread353901-68.html

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    28,411
    Quote Originally Posted by eIIe
    it’s already been shared here in post #661

    https://geoexpat.com/forum/342/thread353901-68.html
    Pulled that out into this thread. Figured Anson needs her own thread!

    And I don't think its a roasting as much as it is playing the devil's advocate.
    Gatts, thisdress and TigerSun like this.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,302
    Quote Originally Posted by thisdress
    BBC roasting my 師姐 Anson Chan

    https://youtu.be/Q4-OFW8qhLQ
    you do know what the UK slang 'roasting' means? ie, in the sense of chelsea fc famous for.

    Grilling is probably a better term.
    shri, hullexile and MatthieuTofu like this.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    20,206
    Quote Originally Posted by shri
    Pulled that out into this thread. Figured Anson needs her own thread!

    And I don't think its a roasting as much as it is playing the devil's advocate.
    That is the style Stephen Sackur is famous for and he does it very well. Anson got soft treatment. He destroyed Trillanes from the Philippines.
    thisdress and Kowloon Goon like this.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    342

    I think the questions could be answered better by someone who is actively involved in the movement, in all the action, day to day protests.


  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Discovery Bay
    Posts
    1,006
    Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    you do know what the UK slang 'roasting' means? ie, in the sense of chelsea fc famous for.

    Grilling is probably a better term.
    Does it matter? I was referencing r/RoastMe on reddit where users put themselves out there to get verbally humiliated (?) and they engage the crowd in the comments section. It’s antagonistic by design but it’s just the format or the nature of the game.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,584
    Quote Originally Posted by a voice
    I think the questions could be answered better by someone who is actively involved in the movement, in all the action, day to day protests.
    A) Anson Chan is nowhere near "actively involved" in the movement, please educate yourself on these topics.

    B) She handled these questions extraordinary well, calmly and eloquently. Just imagine if HK could have been blessed with CE like this.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Discovery Bay
    Posts
    1,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatts
    She handled these questions extraordinary well, calmly and eloquently..
    The way she grins, she speaks, the pace of her speech, the way she silenced interruptions, everything down to her accent gave me a violent sense of deja vu, that’s exactly how nuns speak in our secondary school.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,584
    Quote Originally Posted by thisdress
    The way she grins, she speaks, the pace of her speech, the way she silenced interruptions, everything down to her accent gave me a violent sense of deja vu, that’s exactly how nuns speak in our secondary school.
    I'm sorry about your childhood trauma then.
    thisdress and shri like this.

Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast