Like Tree224Likes

Sept 19 - Week 4 - Protest News and Discussion

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

Trolling the cops and their shields...

Officers soon cleared Nathan Road and detained some suspects. One arrested man requested the officers to lend him their shield to cover his face, but this was refused by the police.

Later when the man tried to call out his personal information, a police officer covered his mouth with his hand.

Police had been at the receiving end after a pro-Beijing man arrested in North Point last week for threatening people with a cleaver was handed over a shield to cover his face as he was led away. Officers later justified this saying it was appropriate use of the shield.
    https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...0-20190922.htm
    spode and MatthieuTofu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Oh yeah, she really looks like a protester...

I used to wait for my partner at Ngau Tau Kok MTR station to go to a meeting together...this was before protests. They had undercover guys stopping people to check IDs, no idea what for...they were the WORST undercover, ever. I spotted it a mile off, was not even looking for it. Then they would go up and talk to the uniformed guys all the time, as if you couldn't already tell they were cops. They would dress way too young for their age, trying too hard. So middle-aged guys with cop haircuts, trying to look 19...not.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-q4bEULG64

Eh? My mind has just been absolutely blown
    https://twitter.com/jenniferlywang/s...21863547322369

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    Eh? My mind has just been absolutely blown
    https://twitter.com/jenniferlywang/s...21863547322369
    I like the part where they are painting over the posters on the red pavement, uh, blending is not working out so much- and since when do you paint OVER posters rather than just ripping them down?

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    since when do you paint OVER posters rather than just ripping them down?
    What are the odds that they had an RFQ in place ... "job involves removing said protest materials, sanding down the walls..."

Besides, right now with the upcoming weekend festivities, I suspect an urgent whitewash is needed.
    MABinPengChau, JAherbert and spode like this.

OK so I'm back from a well deserved holiday from this crazy place.

I have a question.

Does anyone know why the single use ticket machines in Tsuen Wan station have been closed (taped over, clearly unusable, also the slots for single use tickets in the turnstiles blocked).?

I wondered if it was an attempt to prevent protestors buying single use tickets but then Kwai Fong seems fine.

Also - why can't I take my trolley out of the airport? I was trying to push my luggage (non wheeled luggage) to the bus stop and they won't allow anyone to take a trolley out of the airport? WTF is the point of a trolley in arrivals if you can only take it about 20 feet through customs ffs?

Having come back from a "normal" rest of the world, this place is so fucked up.

Mrs. Jones, spode and Elegiaque like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:

Does anyone know why the single use ticket machines in Tsuen Wan station have been closed (taped over, clearly unusable, also the slots for single use tickets in the turnstiles blocked).?

I wondered if it was an attempt to prevent protestors buying single use tickets but then Kwai Fong seems fine.

Also - why can't I take my trolley out of the airport? I was trying to push my luggage (non wheeled luggage) to the bus stop and they won't allow anyone to take a trolley out of the airport? WTF is the point of a trolley in arrivals if you can only take it about 20 feet through customs ffs?

Having come back from a "normal" rest of the world, this place is so fucked up.
    Ticket machines most likely broken and damaged by protestors.

I thinks no trolleys outside airport is only a rule for when there are protests likely. Arrived on Sunday and was not allowed to take it outside but on weekdays I saw trolleys outside by the bus bays.
    HK_Katherine and spode like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jwyl:
    Ticket machines most likely broken and damaged by protestors.

I thinks no trolleys outside airport is only a rule for when there are protests likely. Arrived on Sunday and was not allowed to take it outside but on weekdays I saw trolleys outside by the bus bays.
    OK. I arrived on Sunday too.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Also - why can't I take my trolley out of the airport?
    Because the protesters will use it to block paths / roads etc blah blah blah will be the answer from Airport Authority lol

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast