Like Tree621Likes

Oct 2019 - Week 1 - Protests + Festivities News & Discussions

Closed Thread
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 43 48 49 50 51

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    Well the freedom to pillory alternative viewpoints is also part of freedom of speech. Using violence isn't. I have taken pains to express respect for your principled viewpoint, although it does seem a bit naive. I am sure alternative viewpoints might think the same of mine. The main plank I have for that argument is the asymmetrical monopoly on the legal use of force. As with the extradition bill, when the HK government defied legal protests, what was left besides illegal activity which worked but exposed participants to prosecution? Leave you to chew over that a bit.
    I’m not disagreeing with your statement and appreciate the sincerity with which it was written but we are talking slightly at apples and pears. I understand your comments especially about what protestors feel they need to do to get the attention even if I disagree with that course of action.

What I’m talking about is the personal attacks on here for the conservatives like me that support the protests but don’t, shall we say, have the same views shared by the majority on here about the course of action.
    Char Siu King likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    To be fair, the CCP killed their own people. And they did it mostly through starvation caused by unwise agricultural policies, the one child policy, and brother against brother during the cultural revolution.

Comparing that to the Nazis is just uneducated.

Comparing it to Stalin's regime would be more appropriate, but most people don't understand the past well enough to do that. It's always right into some random illogical Nazi comparison.
    CCP's announced goal is world domination. That alone puts it in the same row with Nazi and Stalin. The path to world domination has become overcrowded since the times of Genghis Khan, at least, and even back then - practically unachievable. Usually, the path goes through suppressing internal protesters and immediate neighbors. And then dies soon after. Not a good statistics for HK in that respect
    MatthieuTofu likes this.

Pretty surreal seeing office workers in suits trying to stop the MTR from closing the gate at the World Wide House exit.

MABinPengChau and Mrs. Jones like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    Pretty surreal seeing office workers in suits trying to stop the MTR from closing the gate at the World Wide House exit.
    Well, I am about to head out that way to catch the ferry- now the path I USUALLY take is through Shun Tak/Macau Ferry terminal but what would be the fun in that?

Quote Originally Posted by sv336:
    CCP's announced goal is world domination. That alone puts it in the same row with Nazi and Stalin. The path to world domination has become overcrowded since the times of Genghis Khan, at least, and even back then - practically unachievable. Usually, the path goes through suppressing internal protesters and immediate neighbors. And then dies soon after. Not a good statistics for HK in that respect
    Their military arsenal is nothing compared to the US. World domination - never. HK domination - yes, sooner than later (2047 has been accelerated).

Please continue here... we have too many open threads and I'd like to resync a few things.

https://geoexpat.com/forum/342/threa...ml#post3664352

kimwy66, MatthieuTofu and Tom007 like this.