Like Tree93Likes

Oct 5 - Transport / Shopping / Services Suspended

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    who instructed the collective closure after 5pm?
    They are saving themselves from possible damage as well as giving their employees time to get home before the shit hits the fan later in the evening. I think it's a responsible decision. Even here on Peng Chau the Wellcome shut down (although I squeezed in right before they pulled down the shutters...).
    chuckster007 likes this.

Just as a side note, does anyone know if I have bought a monthly pass and this lack of mtr service continues, do they generally refund us part of the cost? As I'm thinking this unfortunately may be a regular occurrence and I am accumulating bus and taxi fares from not being able to use my mtr pass

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYouth1:
    Just as a side note, does anyone know if I have bought a monthly pass and this lack of mtr service continues, do they generally refund us part of the cost? As I'm thinking this unfortunately may be a regular occurrence and I am accumulating bus and taxi fares from not being able to use my mtr pass
    I'd suggest asking at the MTR desks when (or if) they reopen. They might classify it as a "force majeure" though, meaning that you'd probably not get a refund.
    Mrs. Jones and SonicYouth1 like this.

You don't get typhoon-day refunds on your ferry monthly pass... think you are out of luck.

Trance Omega likes this.

Festival Walk is now closed

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    Festival Walk is now closed
    In all fairness about 80% of shops were closed there today. But skating rink was open along with cinema. Also shutting down at 9pm isn't exactly that bad taking into account it was already pretty much closed today.
    MatthieuTofu likes this.

Circle K seemingly closed at 930

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Circle K seemingly closed at 930
    To sleep, perchance to dream...

Whole Central area was closed, every single shop along QRC. Fucking ridiculous

MandM! and Kowloon Goon like this.