Like Tree175Likes

Unloved and unwanted: Maxim''s and the rest

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Unloved and unwanted: Maxim''s and the rest

Is your local franchise still open? No one is buying from them? New opening hours? Looking like it’ll never reopen?

6:20pm - Arome and Maxim’s bakery (in MTR stations) closed. Empty shelves at a the Yamasaki Bakery next door.

Starbucks is open. I do go there and have no intention to add to the misery of the nice folks who work there. I have found these Starbucks employees to be some of the nicest I have run into...

Rest .. no use for them.

Haven't been to Starbucks since the call for boycotting them. A bit annoyed that most supermarkets are closing at 19:00 today, it's in effect a curfew.

If anyone wants to know who else to boycott, here is the link

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...595510153&z=11

AsianXpat0, jrkob, Mefisto and 2 others like this.

I think its been a good thing to boycott Maxim's Group as there really are better places out there.

Quote Originally Posted by William06
    I think its been a good thing to boycott Maxim's Group as there really are better places out there.
    If it is about places or people and not about symbols, I'm certainly doing the right thing by not boycotting the starbucks where I normally go.

I fully understand what the boycott is about, but for me, if I am going to have a coffee it will be at a place where I've known the workers for years. I take random loyalty more seriously than boycotts or coffee snobs.

Same reason I'm not boycotting HK because of what the CE is saying or doing...

What next? are you going to boycott paying the rent to your Mainland landlords?

TigerSun likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    If it is about places or people and not about symbols, I'm certainly doing the right thing by not boycotting the starbucks where I normally go.

I fully understand what the boycott is about, but for me, if I am going to have a coffee it will be at a place where I've known the workers for years. I take random loyalty more seriously than boycotts or coffee snobs.

Same reason I'm not boycotting HK because of what the CE is saying or doing...
    That is absolutely your right. By the way, anybody know a good replacement for Peking duck if I will no longer go to Peking Garden?

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0
    That is absolutely your right. By the way, anybody know a good replacement for Peking duck if I will no longer go to Peking Garden?
    Spring deer in TST and almost everywhere else serves up a competent duck. I suspect most of them are made in the same factory anyways..

For us it is a random treat if we have tourists in town.
    mrgoodkat, AsianXpat0 and spode like this.

One of my uncles still won’t eat any products originating from Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland
    One of my uncles still won’t eat any products originating from Argentina
    That was an unusually quick segue ... even for Geo.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast