Like Tree620Likes

October - Week 3 - HK & Protest News + Discussions

Closed Thread
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 39 44 45 46 47

Quote Originally Posted by a voice
    We are probably going into a new level. Would Beijing ask to handover this patriot? Would Beijing interfere when HK sentencing him?
    Not just patriot, probably awarded "hero of the CCP" and paraded before the state media as a saviour or some other nonsense.
    a voice likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by a voice
    Thinking about it, two serious attack/killing within this past week (incl. Jimmy Sham), might be someone is trying so hard to stop tomorrow's protest.
    They are getting desperate. But there will be a large turnout tomorrow I predict because of these attacks.
    a voice likes this.

Coolboy, Mefisto and MatthieuTofu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elefant&Castle
    When were these photos posted? Could they be trying to threaten the public for tomorrow's protest?

Quote Originally Posted by Elefant&Castle
    How can there be any skepticism left on the issue of law enforcement looking the other way or outright collusion with the triads after this photo. You have CY Leung, the former CE of HK, openingly associating with possible crime figures. Sure, Leung is no longer the CE, but he retains significant influence within the pro-establishment circles.

This photo shows all too clearly the the ruling class in HK as basically criminal in nature. Lam has abdicated governance and push everything on to the police, and they in turn "sub-contract" out the violence to the triads. So what do we end up with? Crime overlords governing HK.

This reminded me of comic books of all things. Sounds strange? Perhaps, but there is a reason. It made me recall Gotham, the fictional city where Batman wage his battles against his enemies. It was an utterly corrupt and crime-ridden city. The Mafia either directly controls the city or bribe or threaten their way to power in collusion with dubious politicians. And only Batman was there to stop the city from descending into anarchy and destruction.

HK is nowhere as crime-ridden as the fictional Gotham of course, but the way those with power now associate with shady characters is strangely very similar to the way Gotham is governed. And of course, there is no Batman to save us, only HK people can save themselves.
    Last edited by Coolboy; 20-10-2019 at 12:50 AM.
    sv336, a voice and MatthieuTofu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy
    How can there be any skepticism left on the issue of law enforcement looking the other way or outright collusion with the triads after this photo. You have CY Leung, the former CE of HK, openingly associating with possible crime figures. Sure, Leung is no longer the CE, but he retains significant influence within the pro-establishment circles.

This photo shows all too clearly the the ruling class in HK as basically criminal in nature. Lam has abdicated governance and push everything on to the police, and they in turn "sub-contract" out the violence to the triads. So what do we end up with? Crime overlords governing HK.

This reminded me of comic books of all things. Sounds strange? Perhaps, but there is a reason. It made me recall Gotham, the fictional city where Batman wage his battles against his enemies. It was an utterly corrupt and crime-ridden city. The Mafia either directly controls the city or bribe or threaten their way to power in collusion with dubious politicians. And only Batman was there to stop the city from descending into anarchy and destruction.

HK is nowhere as crime-ridden as the fictional Gotham of course, but the way those with power now associate with shady characters is strangely very similar to the way Gotham is governed. And of course, there is no Batman to save us, only HK people can save themselves.
    You reminded me of this tweet.

https://mobile.twitter.com/cowboyInN...11851002564608
    Mefisto, shri, a voice and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0
    Be safe, one more step towards N Ireland...

https://mobile.twitter.com/KongTsung...04243521769472
    Sorry forgot to respond to say it was virtually empty and 100 per cent fine when I got there and left by around 720
    AsianXpat0 likes this.