Like Tree5Likes

China's orienteering team caught cheating

Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    2,357

    China's orienteering team caught cheating

    The entire national orienteering team has been disqualified for using secret paths and markings during the Military World Games being hosted by China.
    Win at any cost is the new mantra?

    https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...0-20191025.htm
    chuckster007 likes this.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    974

    they cheat in a game they organized? I mean, they already had an advantage since they probably know the area already.

    JAherbert and woteva6891 like this.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    9,800

    This is the old mantra.

    This sounds similar to what you hear about Trailwalker once the PLA started participating (the part about spectator assistance).


  4. #4

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    2,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Plutark
    they cheat in a game they organized? I mean, they already had an advantage since they probably know the area already.
    having home advantage was obviously not enough

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    470

    Cheating is deeply embedded in Chinese sports, swimming is the best example:

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doping_in_China

    Paxbritannia likes this.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Cramped island
    Posts
    3,806

    i am sure many of the administrative people and judges and observers were chinese.. why wld they catch the local cheaters...


  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    364

    All cheer spectators (aka witnesses) at events!!


  8. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    2,357
    Quote Originally Posted by freeier
    i am sure many of the administrative people and judges and observers were chinese.. why wld they catch the local cheaters...
    I guess being an International event the judges would normally be provided by the governing body(s) not China

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,290
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl
    This is the old mantra.

    This sounds similar to what you hear about Trailwalker once the PLA started participating (the part about spectator assistance).
    Out of interest, what happened?

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    470
    https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...lker-ambitions

    In recent years, the race has been dominated by soldiers from the People's Liberation Army.PLA teams were victorious in 2009, 2010 and 2011, before stepping aside last year due to "work circumstances".
    In 2009, the PLA team faced complaints that it had too many support runners.

Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast