Like Tree1968Likes

Hong Kong's steady descent into a police state

Page 110 of 143 FirstFirst ... 102 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 118 ... LastLast

Another enemy of the state biting the dust. While I agree that it's not appropriate behavior for a primary classroom teacher. The severity of the punishment and the fact that administrators were reprimanded and colleagues given warning letters indicate the kind of environment that schools are facing in the future. On the upside, he isn't YET being prosecuted.

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...0-20201005.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:
    Another enemy of the state biting the dust. While I agree that it's not appropriate behavior for a primary classroom teacher. The severity of the punishment and the fact that administrators were reprimanded and colleagues given warning letters indicate the kind of environment that schools are facing in the future. On the upside, he isn't YET being prosecuted.

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...0-20201005.htm
    Yes, very severe action but will certainly serve to make all other teachers think very carefully about what that say/write.

This is a local school - I wonder how much action the authorities would take over private, international school staff?

“It said the information shared in the classroom was biased and distorted and the teacher had seriously damaged the students.“

Seriously damaged the students?!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    Yes, very severe action but will certainly serve to make all other teachers think very carefully about what that say/write.

This is a local school - I wonder how much action the authorities would take over private, international school staff?
    Although international school are under less scrutiny, teachers still have to be registered or permitted to teach and there are for example children of civil servants, mainlanders or police officials that attend international schools that could report incidents to their parents so I have no doubt that the same kind of action could be taken if complaints were to be lodged.
    shri, Coolboy and MatthieuTofu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sith:

Seriously damaged the students?!
    Of course, introducing free programming to robots means they might not follow all commands dutifully. It's a threat to the state 1984 baby

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:
    While I agree that it's not appropriate behavior for a primary classroom teacher.
    Do we know what was actually happening in the classroom? Were 2 sides of an argument given? I don't think the content of the problem have been disclosed.