Like Tree1968Likes

Hong Kong's steady descent into a police state

Page 12 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast

The ex-policeman who has written that article was forced out of the police due to his conduct, so I'm not surprised he is bitter.

Mefisto likes this.

I wish this Apple Daily video or a longer documentary of the same event was available with english subs... Still worth watching though.

https://twitter.com/xinwenxiaojie/st...23311732576257

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...-by-high-court

What odds do we lay on getting a similar ruling in Hong Kong?

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    In the UK or US, citizens don't throw petrol bombs into the metro station or at police stations.

The hooligans in Hong Kong are pretty hardcore and require more forceful measures.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagulls!:
    The ex-policeman who has written that article was forced out of the police due to his conduct, so I'm not surprised he is bitter.
    Do you have a link for the case?

I think the question should be if the public can trust a police led investigation into what appears gross misconduct by the police. From discussion with the MTR they have only kept minimal CCTV for that night from what was left of the platform cameras. Adjoining stations and in train between stations on the day and day after have not been kept due to a lack of a request by the Police to keep them.
    junichitsuyo and Mrs. Jones like this.

In the UK or US, citizens don't throw petrol bombs into the metro station or at police stations.

The hooligans in Hong Kong are pretty hardcore and require more forceful measures.
    Did you reply to the right post? I’m genuinely confused

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    Did you reply to the right post? I’m genuinely confused
    Regardless of the confusion. It is a very open ended post, which I suspect can open up a lot of paths of debate.

- Why do people not throw petrol bombs in other countries (they do... but if they don't, what is different about HK's MTR and Police that is provoking them?)
    - Why are HKers hooligans and people from other countries are not? (they are... but if HKers are hooligans, why? lack of education? respect for authority? mental health?)
    - What more measures can be implemented in HK to prevent protests? Will they be political or will they involve more force?

Lots of questions and few answers.

Just saying...

You sure about that?

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...1-brixton-1981
    Skyhook and MatthieuTofu like this.

Page 12 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast