Like Tree1968Likes

Hong Kong's steady descent into a police state

Page 123 of 143 FirstFirst ... 115 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 131 ... LastLast

Really F the police! Was out making some last-minute delivery of stuff on Peng Chau on Sunday in preparation for my flight on Monday. You almost NEVER see police out on Peng Chau because...Peng Chau.

So they were out looking for social distancing violations as they had ticket books in hand, saw them harassing a young couple (TWO PEOPLE) sitting on a bench on a pier. Maybe they had taken masks off but it's an outdoor pier, not aware of a masking requirement. When I saw them they had masks on. Another group of cops wandering through crowds getting off the ferry (yeah, just getting off, of course no social distancing at that point, playing gotcha!).

Peng Chau has become increasingly popular in the protest era and into the pandemic, new eateries and trendy coffee shops opening, so happy to see the uptick in business and now the a-hole police going to kill the chill vibe of Peng Chau. Not enough bad things can happen to the Hong Kong police as far as I am concerned...

aw451 and Mcdavid like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Really F the police! Was out making some last-minute delivery of stuff on Peng Chau on Sunday in preparation for my flight on Monday. You almost NEVER see police out on Peng Chau because...Peng Chau.

So they were out looking for social distancing violations as they had ticket books in hand, saw them harassing a young couple (TWO PEOPLE) sitting on a bench on a pier. Maybe they had taken masks off but it's an outdoor pier, not aware of a masking requirement. When I saw them they had masks on. Another group of cops wandering through crowds getting off the ferry (yeah, just getting off, of course no social distancing at that point, playing gotcha!).

Peng Chau has become increasingly popular in the protest era and into the pandemic, new eateries and trendy coffee shops opening, so happy to see the uptick in business and now the a-hole police going to kill the chill vibe of Peng Chau. Not enough bad things can happen to the Hong Kong police as far as I am concerned...
    Meanwhile at the ferry pier's in central you now have smokers wondering around maskless, and loads of maskless joggers who clearly don't give a fuck as they weave in and out of crowd's heading to work!
    MABinPengChau and Mcdavid like this.

Quote Originally Posted by William06:
    Meanwhile at the ferry pier's in central you now have smokers wondering around maskless, and loads of maskless joggers who clearly don't give a fuck as they weave in and out of crowd's heading to work!
    if you can't beat em (and you can't), join em.

The police invariably walk around in groups of 3-7 "for safety". One rule for them, another for us.

Sage, MatthieuTofu, rs4 and 2 others like this.

I was under the impression that you didn't need to mask up for exercise. There's tons of these maskless joggers up on Bowen Rd.

Sage likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chobochobo:
    I was under the impression that you didn't need to mask up for exercise. There's tons of these maskless joggers up on Bowen Rd.
    Iv'e been running for decades without a mask, has never been needed yet

HK police raid some Chinese University dorms, arrest various students over the protests...

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...2-20210126.htm

that’s asia’s finest for you

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:

MABinPengChau, aw451 and Mcdavid like this.