Like Tree1972Likes

Hong Kong's steady descent into a police state

Closed Thread
Page 125 of 134 FirstFirst ... 117 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 133 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ndt:
    Another highly organized ISIS level terrorism plot by secondary students (Allegedly).. Asia (World)'s finest..

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...tion/4/176134/
    How many of these bomb plots have made it to court?

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    How many of these bomb plots have made it to court?
    Good question, i was relying on you to dig in your mysterious sources and provide that stats..

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    When there are European tourists again, I suspect we could have a fun game of selling T-Shirts with banned slogans in Chinese on them. Wonderful to watch the police decide if they should arrest the white foreigners.
    And when foreigners get their trademark tattoo of Chinese characters of political slogans which they don't understand.

Original Post Deleted
    Oh dear.........

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Not a hike goes by or a visit to a beach where we don't pick up some purple capped plastic bottles. Even though it's not Coca-Cola or Nestlé, I have still always despised vitasoy and their lack of accountability for the product packaging that makes the company so financially successful. They've caused quite some damage around Hong Kongs nature. So, unfortunately I won't take up this chance to buy shares when so low...

I try to draw a parallel with the terrorists in the states who murder dozens of children and then kill themselves, but... Hmm...somehow it doesn't add up.

Now we've got flower police!
    Wouldn't that have more to do with people littering than the actual company itself? It's not like they can control how people use their products and police everyone to ensure they don't litter.

Quote Originally Posted by monked:
    Wouldn't that have more to do with people littering than the actual company itself? It's not like they can control how people use their products and police everyone to ensure they don't litter.
    Maye it has to do with the odd Government strategy of reducing litter/trash: by reducing the number of trash cans available around HK. Surely not having accessible trash cans would lead to an increase in litter?