Like Tree1968Likes

Hong Kong's steady descent into a police state

Page 133 of 143 FirstFirst ... 125 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 141 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by UK/HKboy:
    This is a very extreme case, since you can make that point about planting drugs or some other illegal stuff on another person too.

But I get what you mean and I guess the concerning thing is that the law is so vague and it really depends on the authorities interpretation (and how much they hate you).
    When there are European tourists again, I suspect we could have a fun game of selling T-Shirts with banned slogans in Chinese on them. Wonderful to watch the police decide if they should arrest the white foreigners.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    When there are European tourists again, I suspect we could have a fun game of selling T-Shirts with banned slogans in Chinese on them. Wonderful to watch the police decide if they should arrest the white foreigners.
    Yeah, would artistic "I am lost in Hong Kong" T-shirts need to be modified to "I am lost in Hong Kong, China which is an inalienable part of the one and only China"?

Would such shirts be permitted in black or yellow?

Quote Originally Posted by hike:
    One evidently doesn't give condolences to a dead body. The comment was written in rushed. My point was that it wasn't about the guy being an employee.
    You and countless Weibo accounts it seems.

Another highly organized ISIS level terrorism plot by secondary students (Allegedly).. Asia (World)'s finest..

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...tion/4/176134/

Quote Originally Posted by ndt:
    Another highly organized ISIS level terrorism plot by secondary students (Allegedly).. Asia (World)'s finest..

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...tion/4/176134/
    How many of these bomb plots have made it to court?

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    How many of these bomb plots have made it to court?
    Good question, i was relying on you to dig in your mysterious sources and provide that stats..

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    And when foreigners get their trademark tattoo of Chinese characters of political slogans which they don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    You and countless Weibo accounts it seems.
    They didn’t give condolences to the dead guy either, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by hike:
    They didn’t give condolences to the dead guy either, I believe.
    Oh dear.........