Like Tree1968Likes

Hong Kong's steady descent into a police state

Page 29 of 143 FirstFirst ... 21 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 37 ... LastLast

Interesting to read this since it shows how warped their logic is. If only the society condemned violence from the start back in June, then the protests would have died down.

No question of the why. The police lives in a world where violence and protests are per definition bad and I believe them since their psychology has a harder time to tolerate people using their rights of assembly, protests and speech when it means that life doesn’t go along traditional paths.
    Many police probably feel that the current society grants too many rights to the public.

What they need to realise is that society has granted rights and obligations to itself and the police cannot unilaterally change those rules by curbing such rights and granting themselves more rights to police with force when they don’t like it. When your urge to control things and your unease with a free spirit become your dominant way of thinking, you have essentially lost the spirit of a modern and civilised society.

I nominate this interview is used to show how to get top jobs from the CCP- lie, lie some more, develop thesis for an alternate reality, lie again.
    hongkong7 likes this.

This should place the SCMP article firmly in the fiction category

https://twitter.com/kevinchak3/statu...53436126302208

AsianXpat0 and MatthieuTofu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hannah01:
    I wonder for the umpteenth time if there are no word(s) other than the same repetitive monosyllabic "cockroach" that comes from the Govt fed and brainwashed mouths of the po-po. Don't they ever learn/study to enrich their vocabulary?

This cockroach. That cockroach. What are they, then?

Of course, they too are - cockroaches. Elite cockroaches.The protesters are HKers, and so are they. Cockroaches at war.I prefer the non elite ones.
    The thing is, the protesters used to call them “毅進仔” (Can: Ngai Zjun Zai, Man: Yi Jin Zai) which is basically Project Springboard, since 2015, because the police estimates for the rally attendees were usually divergent from public estimates. The term is used to mock the police ability to count properly as most were under Project Springboard, unable to get good enough grades to enter university to begin with.

That’s also why when they started attacking the universities, the public again had the reaction of “you are finally in university”, or “you have to test into university, not gun your way in”.

The Citibank staff who got arrested in Central last Tuesday? He pissed off the police, who basically said “I’m a Project Springboard student, I’ve got nothing to lose”.

The most incredible thing about all this is that the lowest ranked constable might get paid more than a fresh graduate. (Police pay scale is publicly accessible).

Nowadays, police are called 狗 (canine police, or as trump calls them, dogs), 黑警,(black police), 魔警 (devil police), 警甴 (cockroach police) among other things too long to list here.

Oops just noticed how long this reply is getting, but to summarize: public thinks police are too stupid to study and look down on them, police get power and show everyone what they are truly capable of.

Also, both sides are now cockroaches.
    hannah01, shri and Baklava like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Greghouse:
    The thing is, the protesters used to call them “毅進仔” (Can: Ngai Zjun Zai, Man: Yi Jin Zai) which is basically Project Springboard, since 2015, because the police estimates for the rally attendees were usually divergent from public estimates. The term is used to mock the police ability to count properly as most were under Project Springboard, unable to get good enough grades to enter university to begin with.

That’s also why when they started attacking the universities, the public again had the reaction of “you are finally in university”, or “you have to test into university, not gun your way in”.

The Citibank staff who got arrested in Central last Tuesday? He pissed off the police, who basically said “I’m a Project Springboard student, I’ve got nothing to lose”.

The most incredible thing about all this is that the lowest ranked constable might get paid more than a fresh graduate. (Police pay scale is publicly accessible).

Nowadays, police are called 狗 (canine police, or as trump calls them, dogs), 黑警,(black police), 魔警 (devil police), 警甴 (cockroach police) among other things too long to list here.

Oops just noticed how long this reply is getting, but to summarize: public thinks police are too stupid to study and look down on them, police get power and show everyone what they are truly capable of.

Also, both sides are now cockroaches.
    I used to have such a deep respect for them chaps in blue but not anymore now. I try to see things from their perspective but fail to get an answer to as why they are behaving like sworn enemies to the public. From your answer, I got the impression that their ill/half educated minds cannot dwell things beyond serving their Communist masters. By saying this, I'm not insulting people who didn't /haven't obtained/completed proper education. But you don't have to do a ph.d to "realize" who you are being enslaved by, do you?

Amazing photo - hope photographer is ok.

Golden example of why no one trusts nor likes the police. It truly is low of them to drive around in ambulances
    https://twitter.com/decminhk/status/...443410951?s=21

Mefisto likes this.

Page 29 of 143 FirstFirst ... 21 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 37 ... LastLast