Like Tree1972Likes

Hong Kong's steady descent into a police state

Closed Thread
Page 74 of 134 FirstFirst ... 66 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 82 ... LastLast

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...communications

Original Post Deleted
    In fairness, reading the whole article, that is one of the more balanced responses I have seen coming from the police, confirmation of reprimands, dinner a mistake etc. You’re unlikely to get him to admit whether police or protestors acted first on Saturday and he swerved the flowers question.

Original Post Deleted
    Half of the police force needs to get suspended otherwise it would be unfair to that officer

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    In fairness, reading the whole article, that is one of the more balanced responses I have seen coming from the police, confirmation of reprimands, dinner a mistake etc. You’re unlikely to get him to admit whether police or protestors acted first on Saturday and he swerved the flowers question.
    I reread this to try to understand where was the balance and failed to find it. A reprimand falls way short of the people demoted (for allegedly reposting privately on Facebook a poem with a hidden anti-police message), people losing jobs for supporting the protests, and potentially being imprisoned for taking part in the protests.

Tang claimed that young people in Hong Kong lack an understanding of how to abide by the law, and he also dismissed the repeated allegations of brutality that have dogged the force since the extradition bill crisis erupted last summer.

"It's only because of the rioters, they use violence, they set fires, they assault other people, they throw petrol bombs, that's the reason why we have to react."
    I’d really like to know if you agree with that gaslighting.

In my opinion, there’s a long long long way to go before the police can begin to make up for their behaviour, even if I would like to agree with you that they It is counterproductive and divisive to be distracted by them from governance reform.

https://twitter.com/chunyinla...10325069283328

Clearly this event wasn’t brought to you by the DAB.

Solo performance: 2/10
    Damage: only to own reputation

https://twitter.com/CH_HONGKONG/stat...99195093536770

Another good documentary from RTHK
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97S5Uwk57m4

Mefisto likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    I reread this to try to understand where was the balance and failed to find it. A reprimand falls way short of the people demoted (for allegedly reposting privately on Facebook a poem with a hidden anti-police message), people losing jobs for supporting the protests, and potentially being imprisoned for taking part in the protests.

Tang claimed that young people in Hong Kong lack an understanding of how to abide by the law, and he also dismissed the repeated allegations of brutality that have dogged the force since the extradition bill crisis erupted last summer.

I’d really like to know if you agree with that gaslighting.

In my opinion, there’s a long long long way to go before the police can begin to make up for their behaviour, even if I would like to agree with you that they It is counterproductive and divisive to be distracted by them from governance reform.
    I said it was one of the more balanced responses not balanced. Very few official statements even budge a millimetre towards any wrongdoing.

I love the way some people on here seem to spend their lives trying to get one over on others.

Hong Kong's steady descent into a police state

It won’t let me edit it previous post. As to your gaslighting question I have no doubt that young people know how to abide by the law and know that when they are breaking it there may be consequences. But that could be said for a criminal act of any kind under any circumstance.

He can deny police brutality all he likes. Those (plentiful) occasions where they have stepped over the line have been adequately captured.

Closed Thread
Page 74 of 134 FirstFirst ... 66 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 82 ... LastLast